Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At some point I plan on changing to ram horn exhaust manifolds and wonder if anyone has ever used this product? Eastwood’s High Temperature Internal Exhaust Coating. It advertises to reduce under hood temperatures and with long hose I could coat inside of manifolds and front crossover pipe.

Any insight or experiences?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Their advertising blurb 'sounds good', but don't they always? Are your manifolds new or used? With most coatings, preparing the surface is generally where you 'make or break' the product claims. On the Eastwood site for this product, they list several 'other items' you may need before applying this product:

10041z PRE Painting Prep
11949z Low VOC PRE Painting Prep
12096/12097 Gel Rust Dissolver

and they list these for external treatment of the manifolds.
10395Z Factory Gray External Exhaust Coating
10396Z Silver Matte External Exhaust Coating
10393Z Black Matte External Exhaust Coating
10020z Silver External Exhaust Paint

Basically this product sounds like a 'user application' ceramic coating product. Have you considered having your manifolds ceramic coated internally by an establish shop which does that professionally?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Original used manifolds

They are used and typical surface rust manifolds, I am planning to grind off the part numbers, and extra boss molds etc. inside they have some rust scale. My plan was to grind them, then soak them in vinegar or other chemical to clean them inside and out. I agree, it’s all in the prep.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts