Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear tires are slightly scraping on the rear inner fender lip when going around a corner. The lip is about 1/2"

I have watched videos on the Eastwood fender roller, what are the odds that I will crack my paint. I will have to roll most of the lip. My only other option is to buy new wheels...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
2,571 Posts
I’d be inclined to cut the horizontal flange back before bending it. As has been mentioned, there is only a little to be gained on that flange before other parts of the quarter will be the limiting factor on tire fitment. Might have a bit better luck on the front.
There are a few models of car where the shape of the wheel opening and the flange mean that you can gain a good bit of clearance (still with the associated dangers of damaging the paint or distorting the fender or quarter) by rolling the lip. The quarters on a trifive with the way they partially cover the wheel and tire don’t lend themselves to getting much clearance this way

· Registered
503 Posts
Are you running with an anti-sway bar in back to minimize the tire sway back there? Just a thought, but I would exhaust all avenues to stiffen the ride back there before messing with the sheet metal.

· Premium Member
3,131 Posts
Are you running with an anti-sway bar in back to minimize the tire sway back there? Just a thought, but I would exhaust all avenues to stiffen the ride back there before messing with the sheet metal.
[/Q
Rear sway bars on a leaf spring car offer little to no lateral stiffnes, the design is to resist roll on the center axis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts