Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered & received an offset tubular rear shock relocation bar that I purchased from Ecklers. The bad news is that when I opened box the “powder coated bar” was extremely rusted in some areas and the coating was coming off in chunks with the bubbled up rust. I’ve placed a call to Ecklers and am awaiting a response. I’ve heard of some who have had bad after sales service with Ecklers so this will be my first hand experience of their "customer service".

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
I recently ordered & received an offset tubular rear shock relocation bar that I purchased from Ecklers. The bad news is that when I opened box the “powder coated bar” was extremely rusted in some areas and the coating was coming off in chunks with the bubbled up rust. I’ve placed a call to Ecklers and am awaiting a response. I’ve heard of some who have had bad after sales service with Ecklers so this will be my first hand experience of their "customer service".

That looks like they have powder coated over a rusty item to start with. I really feel for you and hope this all gets sorted out really quickly and to no further expense to yourself :anim_25::tu

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hoping for the best. I have spent thousands of dollars with Eckler's and unfortunately I must say that the quality of products can be quite poor. I think my biggest complaint with them is the fact that they don't reveal to you who the manufacturer of a product is. You find out when you receive it. I've ordered certain parts from them (hoping that it is Trifive specific such as SCR, Gene Smith, Danchuck, etc.) just to find that it is a part I could have purchased for much less markup at Autozone down the street. And don't get me started on how they will not tell you if an item is out of stock until AFTER you have ordered it. :banghead:

As for customer service, they seem to answer emails quite well.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
16,031 Posts
Hoping for the best..............................And don't get me started on how they will not tell you if an item is out of stock until AFTER you have ordered it. :banghead:

As for customer service, they seem to answer emails quite well.

[email protected]
This is exactly the reason I have not done any business with them for many years now and I don't plan on changing that any time soon. Good luck with their "customer NON-service".

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Gotta ask yourself how that piece of crap found it's way into a shipping carton!! The picker and shipping clerks have to be blind! No quality control at all. This part should have been sold as a blem or second. "Ecklers when you absolutely positively don't care what it costs". Add to that now "or how it looks!"

I own a small mail order company and I have to say that any order picker or shipping clerk in my company that pulled or shipped that part would be looking for a new job. This is money wasted!

Don

·
Registered
784 Posts
Gotta ask yourself how that piece of crap found it's way into a shipping carton!! The picker and shipping clerks have to be blind! No quality control at all.
I own a small mail order company and I have to say that any order picker or shipping clerk in my company that pulled or shipped that part would be looking for a new job. This is money wasted!

Don
Totally agree with Don. Although I've had good luck with Ecklers so far, someone didn't care enough about their job to ship that out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totally agree with Don. Although I've had good luck with Ecklers so far, someone didn't care enough about their job to ship that out.
Just to be fair to the stock picker... the bar was totally "black" when it arrived and to an untrained eye the rusted area looked like welding slag. It was only after I looked at it closer and prodded it that the rust was revealed. I think the "fault" if one is looking to point fingers is with the one who powder coated a rusty bar. As a previous poster noted... "the bar had to be rusty before it was coated".

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Just to be fair to the stock picker... the bar was totally "black" when it arrived and to an untrained eye the rusted area looked like welding slag. It was only after I looked at it closer and prodded it that the rust was revealed. I think the "fault" if one is looking to point fingers is with the one who powder coated a rusty bar. As a previous poster noted... "the bar had to be rusty before it was coated".
Might have helped if you stated that in your original post don't ya think??

Don

·
Registered
68,504 Posts
lets see how eckler's takes care of this. keep us posted . :anim_25:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update

Got a response back from Ecklers...
Hi
These tubular cross members are manufactured and primed but not considered ready to install.
The installer is expected to clean and paint as required.
Thank you
[name omitted]
Eckler's Tech Advisor

I nearly popped a vein at this point!

Followed by my email response...
[Name omitted]
You've got to be kidding... If you take a look at your catalogue (2010), pg 220 (the one I ordered from) you will see that it states 21-228 - "Gloss black Powder Coated". On your web site (as of right now) the picture clearly shows a black "powder coated bar". http://www.classicchevy.com/chevy-s...-or-lowered-cars-2-piece-frame-1955-1957.html
The bar I recieved was powder coated (not primed) and extremely rusted under some areas of the bar. Did you look at the picture I sent to [Name omitted]? I just resent that email to you also. Web link is for larger image... http://www3.telus.net/43601b4/IMG_3076.JPG
Plz let me know how you will make this right via a credit or replacement bar. Bottom line is that I've got to send the bar out to get sandblasted and re-powder coated. I'm not trying to be unreasonable but to brush this off as "the installer is expected to clean and paint as required" is not acceptable when the product is clearly shown as a "ready to install" product. There is no indication on your web site or in your catalogue that the bars will come "primed" and will require refinishing prior to installation. I'll await your response before I compose a posting to describe your customer service (good or bad) to other Tri-Five members through our web site.
Cheers, Myles

Followed by response from Ecklers...
Hi
I’m sorry, I hadn’t seen the photo before and while some of the bars are just primed, you are correct, this bar should be powder coated gloss black.
I will have a call tag issued and a replacement sent out.
[Name omitted]

Bottom line, it looks like with a bit of encouragement (Thanks fellow Tri-Five members) they are going to stand by their product. I'll keep you posted on the progress :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
These MFG's need to tune into this forum. They will see the good or bad press they get from forum members. Their actions will hurt or help their business.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I finally got my replacement bar from Ecklers. Long story short… it ended up costing me about $35 for shipping (I’m in Canada) to send the rusted bar back to them. I asked for some sort of discount towards a future purchase to help offset my addition cost but nothing was offered. Bottom line, after this experience with Ecklers I will possibly buy parts from them again, but only as a vendor of last resort.

·
Registered
800 Posts
It should not of cost you a dime, You Paid the original Shipping & they shipped a junk piece, It said they put a call ticket on it so it should of been shipped back NO Charge ??
I am finding out real quick that all the suppliers have there own song to sing when something is not right, It is there responsibility to pick it up & ship you back the part or issue a complete Refund, There is no reason to spend a penny more than you originally spent if there is something wrong with part !! I dont understand why you paid shipping back if they put a call ticket on it ??
Perk

·
Administrator
66,988 Posts
This site is a fantastic platform to allow vendors and purchasers to rectify any problems wether good or bad, positive or negative feedback discussed in an open forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It should not of cost you a dime, You Paid the original Shipping & they shipped a junk piece, It said they put a call ticket on it so it should of been shipped back NO Charge ??
I am finding out real quick that all the suppliers have there own song to sing when something is not right, It is there responsibility to pick it up & ship you back the part or issue a complete Refund, There is no reason to spend a penny more than you originally spent if there is something wrong with part !! I dont understand why you paid shipping back if they put a call ticket on it ??
Perk
I was told in a later correspondence that they would not issue a call ticket for delivery to Canada. I asked about sending it COD but I was told it would be refused. Bottom line, Ecklers customer service is less than ideal. IMO

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
I was told in a later correspondence that they would not issue a call ticket for delivery to Canada. I asked about sending it COD but I was told it would be refused. Bottom line, Ecklers customer service is less than ideal. IMO

Sorry to hear this....I will consider other venders instead. :shakehands:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
628 Posts
I don't use them anymore, bad customer service (if any at all) and every order had something on back order...:mad:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts