Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who makes parts for Ecklers, or where they get them? Are they a reseller of Danchuk parts?

·
Premium Member
14,800 Posts
Does anyone know who makes parts for Ecklers, or where they get them? Are they a reseller of Danchuk parts?
Ecklers makes NOTHING, They are a reseller that gets parts from the same places all the other vendors get them from. Yes they are one of hundreds of sellers that carry the Danchuk line. Everything they sell can be purchased elsewhere.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Eckler`s bought a Ford reproduction company a while back and are reproducing some parts.They have a local to them cast and chrome company that reproduces many of their emblems including Chevrolet ones and acually use Gold in their plating.Those emblems and designs are owned by Eckler`s and can only be bought through Eckler`s.

·
Administrator
48,316 Posts

·
Registered
35,296 Posts
I think Eckler's has some unique kits that Randy Irwin came up with back in the day.
They were still manufactured by a third party. And those deals are not unique any more if they were desirable.

·
Premium Member
14,800 Posts
Eckler`s bought a Ford reproduction company a while back and are reproducing some parts.They have a local to them cast and chrome company that reproduces many of their emblems including Chevrolet ones and acually use Gold in their plating.Those emblems and designs are owned by Eckler`s and can only be bought through Eckler`s.
I can't see where that would be a wise investment since there are at least 2 other major manufacturers of 55-57 Chevrolet emblems, Not a surprise though given some of their business practices.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I worked for Eckler's, they manufacture absolutely nothing. They use the same suppliers every Tri Five parts retailer uses, which is mainly imported parts. Do a search on here about Eckler's, the negatives far out weigh the positive comments.

·
Administrator
48,316 Posts

·
Registered
35,296 Posts
Well you may have got me. But Randy Irwin didn't do that one.

It's also ridiculous to think that anyone at Ecklers is paid to invent products like this or make them in house. Someone came up with this and marketed it to Ecklers.

Also this is not truly a 55-57 specific product.

Do you have one and rely on it? Does it work when you run out of gas?

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I had posted the question because I sold some window crank handles on ebay that I thought I had got from Danchuk. The buyer pointed out to me after receiving them that the boxes had Eckler's part numbers on them.

I got them a couple of years ago when I was looking for cranks for my 150 and I accidently got the BelAir/210 version. When I looked around more, I found that Goodmark had the correct ones cataloged, so I ordered them, and found they weren't for 150s after I got them.

When I called Goodmark to discuss the error I was informed that all of the window cranks are made in India.

So, I'm, wondering if Danchuk's, and Eckler's and everyone else's come from a manufacturer in India.

*By the way, I finally got the right ones from Goodmark, and their prices are more than reasonable. If you need them the p/n's are

4040-419-531 for the short ones
4040-421-531 for the long ones

·
Registered
278 Posts
My take on Eckler's

I was a member of Classic Chevy since 1978. Eckler's eventually bought them out and took over. The parts come from everywhere just like everyone is saying. They do make some of their parts but very little. I recently dropped my membership due to the fact; Eckler's quit doing the conventions. I liked the shows, the people, the cars and especially the judging. The awards from the 1,000 point judging did help in selling the cars. My cars are usually Custom to modified so I can't get them judged at a AACA event. All Eckler's care about is selling parts. I usually can find on E-Bay the same parts, cheaper than Eckler's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts