Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably shouldn't post when I'm so PO'ed... but after waiting over 4 weeks for a part (kit of parts) that I was told would be available in 5 days, I'm getting totally fed up. The WORST part of Ecklers is their practically non-existent customer service with regards to maintaining satisfied customers...

I've been a lifetime 'member' (if that term is still appropriate) of the 'Classic Chevy Club since the first day they advertised 'lifetime memberships' (1977-78?), and I've always supported them but most especially when they were a 'club' before it got sold to a parts business. I've continued to shop them in spite of problems with: parts descriptions (very poor), sales order takers who are friendly but non-technical when taking orders, and customer service that seems to be able to do nothing but 'read their poor parts descriptions' and quote their computer-derived 'availability'. Beyond those things, no one will take any active steps to address a problem, correct parts descriptions, inquire with their suppliers on parts shipments, etc... and all this in spite of having so many 'order takers' that you never get the same one twice!

BAH HUMBUG! That's my attitude after dealing with them again over a problem which should have been easily solved 3 weeks and 4 calls ago IF they had a viable Customer Service organization!!

·
Administrator
48,313 Posts
I believe their mind set has become: "Too big to fail"

They are even selling Ford/Mercury parts nowadays

When/if I buy ever from them, I stop by when I'm going to/from south Florida.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Myself I'm lucky thay they are about an hour from my house so the drive is worth it for me as I found out that their counter people are very knowledgable,friendly and helpful unlike the phone order takers who don't seem to know squat.:anim_25:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
By the way I was up there last week at their new location, on my way to the mens room I looked thru the glass door to the back roon and saw that they must have about 30 order takers on the phones, so you know that their not all experenced car people. If it's not in the computer that their looking at then what else do you thing that they know. But thats not their fault it's managements fault.:p3:

·
Premium Member
14,800 Posts
They have been like that for years and the customer service there is NON EXISTENT and has been for just about ever. They have nothing that can't be had elsewhere and almost always at a better price WITH real customer service free of charge.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
No more....

^^^ What Bruce said.
ONE time, and that was it, for me.
I was a customer, way back, when it was the club. Then Eckler bought it, and it promptly went in the toilet.:banghead:

·
Registered
14,999 Posts
Weren't they bought out by Harbor Freight a couple of years ago?
:sign0020: My local H.F. has given me great customer service compared to Ecks. Several days back they gave me another brand new air compressor in exchange over the one that failed due to the cutoff switch. No questions asked,they even offloaded the old one from my truck and loaded up the new one,they even threw in new oil for the compressor.All in 15 minutes. :tu :tu :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
They suck I don't care if they were next door I wouldn't buy from them. Years ago when it was CCC it was a great company.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I worked for Eckler's for a couple of years as a tech rep. Now, I woudn't buy a screw or washer from them. I had no problems working for them, but I did have issues with their policies regarding customer service, complaints, refunds, etc, . They direct employees to tell people a part is in stock when it isn't, they will delay or ignore cancellations and refunds, give made up part/order statuses. I have many horror stories involving myself and many others. They sell nothing that is not available elsewhere. from other suppliers. Save yourself from serious frustration and potential loss of your hard earned cash and shop elsewhere, most other suppliers are honest with great customer service. It's a real shame what has happened to the old Classic Chevy International, which was a top notch organization.

·
Administrator
48,313 Posts
Remember When?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ya, been 3 weeks since my order and not a peep. No response to my email.

However, the order I made 1 week ago came in.

Weird. Have a feeling the stuff not in stock, they make you just wait with no info.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I received the parts I was awaiting, one week after I was told it would be 2-3 months more! Of course that was 2 months after I was told it would be 5 days!

ie. Very few parts of "Ecklers are connected very closely together" ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hate to beat a dead horse here, but I believe providing current information for others is important.

Per info on my post here:

I initially decided to order parts from Eckler's for a small door lock project. I have always used Danchuk, but somehow received an Eckler's catalog in the mail (not sure how), so I thought I would give them a shot. Unfortunately, I did not see all the threads regarding Eckler's till it was too late. It has been over two and a half weeks, and I still have not received my order from Eckler's, even though I was told the day I ordered (2/15/2019), and every subsequent call (which was almost daily since I never received an order email), the item was in stock and 'was shipping that day'. I couldn't cancel the order either because 'it was already in shipping'.

Anyway, too bad since having options is nice, but I will just stick with Danchuk as I always have. They came through like they always do.

Hope this info is helpful to others.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts