Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order with Ecklers on 5 Nov. after being assured all parts were in stock and ready to ship. Today, the 15th, I still hadn't received my shipment. I called customer service and asked why it was taking so long to ship the parts 90 miles (I live in Lakeland). Surprise! They didn't process the order because the total was off by one penny, their math. When I asked why no one took the time to e-mail or call me concerning the delay the rep had no answer. First and last time I use Ecklers, too many other vendors out that care and want my business. Man, it feels good to vent.

Brent

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
I placed an order with Ecklers on 5 Nov. after being assured all parts were in stock and ready to ship. Today, the 15th, I still hadn't received my shipment. I called customer service and asked why it was taking so long to ship the parts 90 miles (I live in Lakeland). Surprise! They didn't process the order because the total was off by one penny, their math. When I asked why no one took the time to e-mail or call me concerning the delay the rep had no answer. First and last time I use Ecklers, too many other vendors out that care and want my business. Man, it feels good to vent.

Brent
Brent, This is very typical of their NON-customer service.:thumpdown: I would have canceled the entire order and be sure I told them why. You will also get better prices from just about every other vendor out there.

-Bruce

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ecklers still haven't learned how to get it right

I had the same experience also. Only I insisted they do something for me and after keeping me on hold for 15 minutes they came back on the phone and said that they would give me a $25 credit. I have since purchased a few more items from them and I just stay on top of things -I call the next day to see what the status is. This is the only company that I have had to do that with. I also live in Florida and I only try to buy from them when they have a sale since they charge me sales tax on all my purchases. I only use them when I want something in a hurry since I usually get it the next day. I would call back and demand some compensation. Good Luck!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I must be the only one here that get's good service from Eckler's. I just returned 2 axle bearings due to them leaking. Customer service was very nice and credited my card back and paid the shipping back for the bearings. I saw no problems though I was pretty aggravated about it but I did not take out my frustrations on the employees. While I was on the phone I placed another order with them and it shipped ASAP that day for my inconvenience.My 2 cents worth.....thx gkk

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've had my troubles with Ecklers even CPP..!!! So far the for me the best has been Danchuk and Speedway. :happy0030:
TV

·
Registered
37,985 Posts
I don't trust Ecklers, Danchuk, or CPP to do me right with orders and shipping or prices. Always beware, especially if you are in a hurry.

My distrust of others is less, but I always try to beware.

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible; ZZ4 w HEI ign; 700r4; 9" rear w/3:50 gears; pwr disc fr w drum rear
1,997 Posts
I've bought quite a few parts from Ecklers in the past 10 months, and I've had really good experience with them. They've been reasonable on returns, and I've found they've tried pretty hard to fix things that have gone wrong (which has honestly been rare) They even sent me a $80 transmission cross-member for free one time because I showed them a mistake in their on line catalog for that particular part. They make mistakes like everyone else, but I'd give them another shot.

Ace

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update

I just called Ecklers to verify that the order shipped, it did. What irks me is that no e-mail with tracking number was sent or even a follow up call. The reason I used them was they had a special on shipping. Live and learn.

Brent

·
Registered
488 Posts
anyone and i mean ANYONE building a car will run into this, but what you guys are saying and where you are saying it is there worst nightmare, danchuck, Eklers, tci, cci and even the other smaller distributer's , most of us are hard working people who take every cent we have to build these cars, the least you can do is not _____ us around ! if you cant email us for something as stupid as holding our parts for a penny, really !! you better understand that it is us who pay your bill's not all the hot rod shops that you would like to have your name associated with. does RB Obsolet oh thats right they are gone now HMMM i wonder why ??, don't blow us off or heck WE may do the same to you.

·
Premium Member
1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible; ZZ4 w HEI ign; 700r4; 9" rear w/3:50 gears; pwr disc fr w drum rear
1,997 Posts
Point well taken Suntan57......but a company like Ecklers with thousands of orders per day has to have "internal rules" just to maintain sanity. That PENNY might have thrown their accounting off, and the bigger the company, the less flexibility "in the trenches" with the order writers. Those kinds of wierd mis-haps will have to go to management for decisions....even just a penny off. (I know, I work for a big company....little "tweaks" aren't done by the order writers....they have to go to a manager.)

Don't forget Ecklers also has their "LOW PRICE GUARANTEE".....and I've used it before.....and they've honored it. Just tell them in your order the details of a lower advertised/on-line price for a similar product and they will meet it! I recently ordered a LOKAR brake pad from Ecklers (their price $59) and I found it listed cheaper on Summit for $43.....Ecklers met their price. I did it because it was part of a larger order with Ecklers, and I didn't want to have to have a separate order for JUST the brake pad from Summit. (Trust me, I but lots of stuff from Summit too!)

The Eckler's customer service people are pretty helpful and accommodating. All I'm saying is don't "write them off" from one bad experience......I've had plent of good ones.

BKS, I hope your order works out okay....it's definitely a hassle being held up.

Ace

·
Registered
488 Posts
thank you for keeping it real, but lets face it email us to fix the issue making the customer waite for something, just let us know that there was a typo from fat fingering , how much bad press are they getting for their penny now.
again i'm not saying they do it just to do it BUT fix it .
i dont think we would care if they called us and said hey we forgot to charge ? and we need to get that taken care of before we can ship the product. i would be much more upset if i needed a part and it did not show up for something that simple.

·
Registered
488 Posts
well to tell you the truth so have i , i put my thoughts out there as a general statment, and WOW did i get my hand slapped,:anim_25:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've had nothing but good luck and service with Eklers. Sorry you had such a bad experience.
me 2...Eckler's is really the only one I deal with because it is so close to home unless I see a vendor at a car show I may take a look at what they have.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Not me! Strike three with my orders so Ecklers is OUT! I won't even consider them for parts. Not No way not No how! Everything they carry can be had elsewhere and usually for a lot less money! Why would anyone reward them with an order if they had to come down off their inflated price to match someones already lower price, AND put up with their awful service! Makes no sense to me.

Don

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
they are not terrible, they just sell stuff that other people make and mark it up. It is cheaper just to get if from the people that make it. I've had satisfactory service from them

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Bill, Ecklers operators more retail parts outlets than "Classic Chevy".....they also have a Eckler's Corvette store, Eckler's Chevelle and Malibu Store, Eckler's Chevy Truck Store, Eckler's Mercedes-Benz Store, Eckler's El Camino Store, Eckler's Porsche Store, and Eckler's Camaro Store....all being managed by the same organization. I would venture to say that they have thousands of orders per day.

Ace

1 - 20 of 25 Posts