Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someone to reprogram my computer for a 93 Corvette LT1 I'm installing in my 55. I'd like to find someone in Northern California if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ECM flashing

I'm looking for someone to reprogram my computer for a 93 Corvette LT1 I'm installing in my 55. I'd like to find someone in Northern California if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I'm sure there are some LT1's in some Tri-Fives out there. I need to flash my computer to remove: EGR, ABS, AC, VATS & cruise control. I need to change the Transmission to a 700R4, stall converter to 2500, gears to 456, tire size to 275x15 & manual speedo. I'm sure I'm missing some components on the remove and change but I'd appreciate any input from anybody out there.
Thanks,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys but I ended up with a Painless Engine Management system. It was plug and play/drive. I'm finally on the road again!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you're asking about the LT1 it was NOT painless; new fuel tank/lines, radiator and much more $$$.

If your asking about the Painless system; a piece of cake. All wires are marked and it was literally plug and play. If you order it from Summit you get a free upgrade PRF-70920 which is their wire loom system. It was just under $1,000.

The ECM is fashioned after a marine application so you can't use an OBD code reader (which kinda sucks) and you can't adapt it to use the OBD. You jumper the connector and count the flashing lites (talk about old school).

You can purchase the programming software, runs on windows XP only. I purchased it but have not tried it yet...

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
If you're asking about the LT1 it was NOT painless; new fuel tank/lines, radiator and much more $$$.

If your asking about the Painless system; a piece of cake. All wires are marked and it was literally plug and play. If you order it from Summit you get a free upgrade PRF-70920 which is their wire loom system. It was just under $1,000.

The ECM is fashioned after a marine application so you can't use an OBD code reader (which kinda sucks) and you can't adapt it to use the OBD. You jumper the connector and count the flashing lites (talk about old school).

You can purchase the programming software, runs on windows XP only. I purchased it but have not tried it yet...

It's always good to hear from someone who's been there before. Thanks Dean.

·
Registered
37,980 Posts
That is the same marine controller used with the Ram Jet 350 and 502 engines. They are pretty crude as far as EFI control goes.

A far cheaper way to do it is to use the factory pcm and wire harness. But I do realize a lot of guys don't want to spend the time to figure out how to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts