Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some Edead sound deadener and a molded carpet kit for my 56 sedan. I have been driving it for months with no interior except for the seats. I got 100sq ft of the deadener for $125.00 on ebay and put it in yesterday. I did the entire floor and the rear wheel wells, I put the carpet in today and put the seats back in. I took it out for a cruise today.WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE . I can have a conversation while driving and the person sitting next to me can actually hear me, and I didn't have a painfull headache when I got home. the Edead was a little more difficult to install than dynomat, it has a plastic backing instead of foil, but, was 1/3 the cost. my car has no trunk floor in it yet but it was a pleasure to drive. I can only imagine how great it will be with the trunk floor done and the deadener installed there too.:bowtier::):bowtier::happy0030:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Good to hear your success story, I still need to do mine too:rolleyes:

·
Registered
912 Posts
I was amazed when I got my car back from the upholsterer. He just put some sound deadener with the foil down under the carpet and he buys it in big rolls. You absolutely cannot believe the difference. I had never driven it with floor covering or a back seat and my experience is the same. You can carry on a conversation or talk on the phone if you want and it is a pleasure. I think the '55 is actually quieter than some newer vehicles that I have been in. I'm on the same page with you hr726, it' unbelievable the difference!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Dynomat's head office is 2 hours from here and I bought a roll a few years ago. Gonna use it up on my 55 when it goes back together.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
just put some sound deadener with the foil down under the carpet

It seems like most of the pics guys show with the foil sound deadener, the foil is shown up. Which way is correct?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If-n you want a cheaper alternative you could go to McMaster-Carr and

take a look at what they have. It's exactly the same material as Dyno-mat etc. etc... But much cheaper.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sound-control-blankets/=9w5f2o

It's worth looking at but of course you decide. In California if I ordered by; let say by 1900 Monday night I'd get it the next day (living in Ridgecrest/China Lake doesn't hurt) but I'll bet it would take only a couple days to most of the country.

Just my 2¢

Cheers
Larry McCarley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts