Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Performer EPS 2703 intake just came in the door. I will get it on my 265 this weekend. Has anyone made this swap and if so, anything to look out for?
Thanks.

·
Registered
590 Posts
sorry eldon, im not familiar with that intake, so the only thing i can say is make sure it has a place for your oil fill pipe. also, the smaller the engine is, the easyer it is to install to big of a cam, intake, carb. you have to keep the intake runners pretty small to keep the fuel air charge moving quickly enough, otherwise the engine gets soggy at low speed. a 350 might see a certain cam, intake, carb setup as just right and be happy with it, but a 265 is going to see the same setup as bigger.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Phil. It comes with the filler pipe hole already drilled and a chrome pipe and cap. I am getting an Edelbrock 600 carb with electric choke. The cam is barely hotter than stock, called an RV cam. The only issue I have found at this point is where to drill and tap the oil filter return line. As was suggested by a member, I am going to clean it and clear coat it to keep as much of the grease out of the pores.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
590 Posts
eldon, that oil galley is just above the timing cover for the supply line and the return line can dump back into the crankcase most anyware. i know you didnt ask this, but the filter doesnt work like a normal filter. that is its just a part time filter, not a full flow. the more flow thru the filter the lower your oil preasure will be. one of the lines or fittings on those were origanaly very restrictive. when i first bought my 56 it had very low oil preasure on the 235. the filter had hoses on it. someone had replaced the hoses and had used the wrong one. i found out from a old dude at a auto parts house and he got me the right hose. the fitting on the hose had a tiny hole in it, and sure enough my oil preasure came up!

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lloyd, did you use the original braket? It looks like the original bracket was added on to the rams horn exhaust. Thanks for those photos!

Phil, with it being a part-time filter, what is the change interval for the filter/oil? I am assuming the 3-5k miles.

7,082 Posts
Eldon. Not fair to ask a 64 yr old what he did it 1978:confused: Seriously, can't remember. First thing I did in 78 when I got it.
Don;'t hold me to it but I think I only replaced the long upper lever that adjusts.

·
Registered
590 Posts
eldon, i tryed to look up the oil filter change interval but couldnt find it. i think the filters were options. i would just change it when changing oil to keep the dirty oil out of my fresh change.
the alt bracket is from any small block with a short waterpump. like a 67 283 even early pickups

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Phil! Lloyd, I can remember what I was doing in 78, you can't? :D :D I was in Kindergarten!

Now to finish getting my brake lines routed before I get beat senseless. :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.