Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking for info on what metering rods and metering jets to replace on my Edelbrock 1406, running pretty rough after warmed up until the RPM'S increase to clean out the ports. Running at 5,280 altitude here in Denver & the car came from Chicago. So in the past high altitude would mean to change the Metering Rods & Metering Jets. Q. is for this carb and high altitude what would you guys recommend? Thanks for the info here.

Robert

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Maybe the guy tech center can help,i've never called before though.
Edelbrock Tech Information (USA)
1-800-416-8628 7a.m.-5 p.m. Mon. to Fri.
Hope this helps,good luck.Keep us posted.
Big Bob:flag4::bowtieb:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warren, I have gone thru a lot of info and have not been able to find any info about altitude settings for a Edelbrock 1406. It would most appreciated if you would be able to do that. Thanks for your help

Robert

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Maybe the guy tech center can help,i've never called before though.
Edelbrock Tech Information (USA)
1-800-416-8628 7a.m.-5 p.m. Mon. to Fri.
Hope this helps,good luck.Keep us posted.
Big Bob:flag4::bowtieb:

Great suggestion. I called there several times while trying to set up the carbs. on my blower. They were always very helpful and patient. Can't go wrong with contacting them.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Check out the 1406 calibration chart here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=aapZJcdYxALG1MLM5Ucf8Q&bvm=bv.47883778,d.eWU

I'd start off by reading Section 2: Tuning Procedure on Page 5. Then check out the 1406 calibration chart on Page 12. I'd say Calibration #7 is a good place to start.

I used to live at 9600 feet and drove down as low as 5000, and had my engine running very well at #7, or maybe even #10, #11, or #12. That was back in 94-97, so I don't remember for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.