Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the wife saw a mouse the laundry room tonight. Guess who's doing the laundry now... I set a couple traps, I hope I get that bugger by morning or ill have to do the laundry all week. I think its time to get a cat!

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Mousie

You know the little rascal I am dealing with had licked the cheese all OFF and not springing the trap. Pissed me off.
I know about peanut butter that is next. Mike

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Okay, the wife saw a mouse the laundry room tonight. Guess who's doing the laundry now... I set a couple traps, I hope I get that bugger by morning or ill have to do the laundry all week. I think its time to get a cat!
Maybe your wife hired the mouse so she could get out of doing the laundry?:sign0020:

All kidding aside,getting a cat is best,unless it's one of those
cats that bring them into the house.Our cat does all his hunting
outside and keeps his prey out there.:anim_25:

Doug

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i use pizza to load traps . they go nuts on it. i put some under the trigger also . if that fails a piece of pizza in the middle of a sticky trap .

·
Registered
67,715 Posts
have better luck with those sticky traps.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got up this morning and checked the traps,good news, got him!:tu

I used Swiss cheese on the recommendation of my 7 yr old son. He said use the cheese with the holes in it, that's what the cartoon mice like best..:sign0020:

Maybe next time I'll try pizza, haven't heard that one before, at least it would be a good excuse to take the 55 out to the pizza parlor.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Mouse is gone ya say

I got up this morning and checked the traps,good news, got him!:tu

I used Swiss cheese on the recommendation of my 7 yr old son. He said use the cheese with the holes in it, that's what the cartoon mice like best..:sign0020:

Maybe next time I'll try pizza, haven't heard that one before, at least it would be a good excuse to take the 55 out to the pizza parlor.
Good job ! delray_fan. Mine is still at large .
'56 Sedan Delivery ya say cat did ya? "All kidding aside,getting a cat is best."
Well my wife is allergic to CATS !
Well maybe one of them could sleep outside I guess.
Mike

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
I recently read something interesting about people with cat allergies, and having cats...

Here it is... http://www.petfinder.com/cats/living-with-your-cat/cats-for-allergy-sufferers/

Not sure if this info is correct, but we use to have Miniature Pinschers (fantastic little dogs !!!) and I read that they were used in castles as mousers when people thought that all cats and witches were evil. Never seen any of my Min Pins catch a mouse, but man oh man, were they ever fearless!!!

On a side note...they really were beyond fantastic little dogs. Loving, clean, fearless, and so smart!!! He lived to fifteen and a half, she lived to seventeen and half. I still miss them to this day...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We live out in the country and normally have a " barn cat" but ours disappeared a few months back. We have held off getting a new one as we have a new puppy that's been trouble enough.... I think it's time, a good outside cat will keep the mice out of the house, the last cat was a good hunter and stayed off the cars, hated to loose him...

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Congrats, Larry. Peanut butter always works for me. I use electric mouse traps...they use 4 D cell batteries and electrocute the pests. That makes the otherwise unpleasant chore of extracted a mangled mouse from a traditional spring trap much easier. And no empty sprung traps with the bait gone.

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
We had a "RAT" in the house back in NY.I had my Boys crack his knees and threaten his family.Never heard from him again.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
mice

Boy can I relate. We have 600 acres of blm land behind us. Lots of critters! I used peanut butter till the word got out, I,ve heard cheap greasy beef sticks work. My next bait. Dick:shakehands::anim_25:

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Boy can I relate. We have 600 acres of blm land behind us. Lots of critters! I used peanut butter till the word got out, I,ve heard cheap greasy beef sticks work. My next bait. Dick:shakehands::anim_25:
Might be a way to use those bad ,made in China, meat sticks for dogs that's in the news. If they get away from the trap they'll get sick or die anyway. :sign0020:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
No mice here in Florida at my house............ yet............

But just last week, my wife encountered this intruder in the front entry hall. :D

Chuck

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts