Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned my 57 210 Sedan since 1978. It was willed to me by my grandfather who bought it new. I have kept it as a "museum" piece for the last 36 years. I have now decided to enjoy the car as a reliable driver. My first objective is to install a contemporary suspension with power disc brakes. I am very near to ordering Ekler's Chevy Suspension Kit - Complete Performance Package, part number 57-322049-1 (http://www.classicchevy.com/chevy-suspension-kit-complete-performance-package-1955-1957.html) as well as disc brake kit #57-340073-1 and Master Cylinder Conversion Kit #57-158243-1. The final objective is an LS with a 4L65E tranmission.

I am new to this forum and forum life in general. I did a search for the suspension parts and brand name but couldn't find anything. So now my questions....

Does anyone have direct experience with this suspension kit from Ekler? Does the amount it lowers the car result in a quality ride without being too low? Does handling and drivability improve such that I can comfortably run down the interstate to various shows and festivals?

·
Vendor
723 Posts
I've owned my 57 210 Sedan since 1978. It was willed to me by my grandfather who bought it new. I have kept it as a "museum" piece for the last 36 years. I have now decided to enjoy the car as a reliable driver. My first objective is to install a contemporary suspension with power disc brakes. I am very near to ordering Ekler's Chevy Suspension Kit - Complete Performance Package, part number 57-322049-1 (http://www.classicchevy.com/chevy-suspension-kit-complete-performance-package-1955-1957.html) as well as disc brake kit #57-340073-1 and Master Cylinder Conversion Kit #57-158243-1. The final objective is an LS with a 4L65E tranmission.

I am new to this forum and forum life in general. I did a search for the suspension parts and brand name but couldn't find anything. So now my questions....

Does anyone have direct experience with this suspension kit from Ekler? Does the amount it lowers the car result in a quality ride without being too low? Does handling and drivability improve such that I can comfortably run down the interstate to various shows and festivals?

Hello,
The 2 inch drop is about the standard when lowering. For me it gives it a great look as well as handling the road better. As far handling and drivability it will give you a more modern feel while driving.

·
Premium Member
6,969 Posts
I pretty much did all that to my 57 and I love the way it handles vs before. I don't think you could go wrong with that kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts

It states a complete kit but what about pitman Arm and tie rod ends and Idler Arm?

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
I have not used this kit but have read about it. For the money, I think it is worth it.
Glad you are getting the old girl back on the road, it's about time!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
suspension

I would check with them concerning country of manufacture. Chinese ball joints are right up there with Chinese tires, Chinese wall board, Chinese dog food, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts