Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Guys, I'm interested in converting the 57 stock push button vacuum switch to an electrified switch. I thought as how the light switch is grounded by the its placement in the dash I could do the same for the wiper switch...ummm, some how.

Any ideas as to how I would go about doing this. Ultimately the switch would power or complete a circuit...ummm, some how, for the small electric pump found in a standard parts house w/s washer bag, or plastic can. Thanks

Stan

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,746 Posts

·
Administrator
66,188 Posts
Stan might want to try the search tab above, there was a thread like the others are explaining but with pics, micro switch would be the way you have to go :anim_25:

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yessir Don knows stuff. He's got skills too, for sure!

I have to ask...did you use a relay? Was the switch you used for just a ground (because the switch is grounded to the dash, like the light switch). Thanks!

I would love to research past inquiries/Posts but have no idea what/how to title my search.
Suggestions please! Thanks

Stan

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You Very Much, Don!
This particular switch does not rate very well in reviews from buyers of various quantities and for various uses. They have others but at the moment wifey needs to use the comp. I need to review the other switches available.
You showing me this idea would certainly eliminate the intricate maneuvering of a micro switch (maybe), and as they say,"the simplest is usually the best". I'll have to decide. Not simple :)

Stan

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Stan might want to try the search tab above, there was a thread like the others are explaining but with pics, micro switch would be the way you have to go :anim_25:
I will need more than good luck on this one. I have searched posts and threads until I'm falling asleep with no luck, finding only the barest minimum mention of wiper switches. Lotta dash stuff and some nice 20 to 50+ page builds. Unless you know of a specific Poster, member, date, or Thread title to questions like this, its my opinion that a general cold search is a waste of time. Not that I didn't know this before I even looked, but there's always that hope stuff for guys like me who have patron saints like Don Quoxite.

Acardon Big Thanks for the Diagram!! I'm sending it and the new switch out to California to be reworked.

·
Administrator
66,188 Posts
I will need more than good luck on this one. I have searched posts and threads until I'm falling asleep with no luck, finding only the barest minimum mention of wiper switches. Lotta dash stuff and some nice 20 to 50+ page builds. Unless you know of a specific Poster, member, date, or Thread title to questions like this, its my opinion that a general cold search is a waste of time. Not that I didn't know this before I even looked, but there's always that hope stuff for guys like me who have patron saints like Don Quoxite.

Acardon Big Thanks for the Diagram!! I'm sending it and the new switch out to California to be reworked.
This was the thread I was referring to, do not know why the pics wont load but Hafrod may be able to re send the pics to you.

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42982&highlight=push+button+wiper

Found this thread on a later model switch that may be adaptable scroll down to the picture.

http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57354&highlight=push+button+wiper&page=2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts