Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our windshield wiper motor quit. The motor does work but the gearing will not oscilate far enough. Any suggestions on getting it rebuilt or purchase a new one.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
26,426 Posts
Our windshield wiper motor quit. The motor does work but the gearing will not oscilate far enough. Any suggestions on getting it rebuilt or purchase a new one.
Are you sure the cables are not loose? Pushing in on the wiper arm shaft will allow the pulleys to automatically tighten the cables.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Are you sure the cables are not loose? Pushing in on the wiper arm shaft will allow the pulleys to automatically tighten the cables.
If that doesn't work there are places that can sell you a rebuilt one... Later, Dave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...I'm still learning this forum... Can someone tell me how to post a quick reply... I do not see any quick reply icons.....help

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Someone please explain the quick reply. It ask to click on an icon when I try to use it. I am so confused.
Jim

·
Premium Member
5,512 Posts
parts

jim i have lots of working motors for sale. or i have one that the motor does not work but the gears are good. 150 for the good ones 40 for the core. let me know send me a pm. click on my info on the left then click on the part that says private message.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks Stonewalker

Like the gentleman indicated, it could well be a tension problem with the cables. The cables are self adjusting when the pivot (transmission) shaft is depressed. I agree with his suggestion that you try that before you look to replacing/fixing the motor.
Here is the procedure:
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/bulletins/55fsn140110.html
Just a note to say thanks for the info. I've had windshield wiper problems for a long time and did not know the fix. I tried it and it worked. Now I won't be as concerned when I see the darkening clouds. Don:congrats::)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts