Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i have been working on my 55 belair since 1992 . never finished . any way few years ago i installed painless wiring . last month i swaped out my 350 with 327 . when i tried to start it the fuel line going to the carb came loose and sprayed on the engine which started a big fire . after i extinguished it .all wiring where distroyed and the paint on the hood and fenders was fried .
i made up new wiring for the ignition .
what do i need for the lights and evrything else .

AL

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Ouch! Was there enough leaft after the fire to spllce on to? If not Check Painless or EZ wire to see if they have a front wiring harnness.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch! Was there enough leaft after the fire to spllce on to? If not Check Painless or EZ wire to see if they have a front wiring harnness.
thanks mike . there is some wiring left i can splice in. i was thinking of under hood wiring set . if i couldnt find one . i might just rewire it myself with new wires.

AL

·
Registered
839 Posts
:eek::eek::eek:That's not the kind of thing you ever want to deal with with. I'm glad you saved your car, house , garage, and your self. Repairable is good!
I went through the same thing 30 years ago on my 56. Thats why I have several fire exstinquishers close by now. At the time it happened all I had was the slushy water from a ditch. got it out. torched the wiring and scorched the hood. I was lucky.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Fire

hi

i have been working on my 55 belair since 1992 . never finished . any way few years ago i installed painless wiring . last month i swaped out my 350 with 327 . when i tried to start it the fuel line going to the carb came loose and sprayed on the engine which started a big fire . after i extinguished it .all wiring where distroyed and the paint on the hood and fenders was fried .
i made up new wiring for the ignition .
what do i need for the lights and evrything else .

AL

thanks
Just curious, did you not have any insurance coverage?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek::eek::eek:That's not the kind of thing you ever want to deal with with. I'm glad you saved your car, house , garage, and your self. Repairable is good!
I went through the same thing 30 years ago on my 56. Thats why I have several fire exstinquishers close by now. At the time it happened all I had was the slushy water from a ditch. got it out. torched the wiring and scorched the hood. I was lucky.
hey bobby

i just backed out of the garage when this happend . i had asmall fire extenguisher an dalot of water . iam lucky nothing major happend like you nsaid with teh house and the whole neigherhood . i just filled my gas tank that day. i will get it going .just more to do and enjoy .
thanks for your comment

AL

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
FIRE

MIGHT GIVE YOU ACALL WHEN DONE.

AL
A vehicle does not have to be completed to be insured. I'm not trying to push anything but I work with allot of folks as they get more and more invested they want coverage. I took pictures of a frame, body, engine and allot of parts today, the guy had close to 100,000. spent and not put together!!!

·
Registered
66,294 Posts
sorry that happaned, good to hear you and everything are o.k.. eckler's sells all kinds of wiring harnesses if you need one. :anim_25:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts