Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just inherited a 56 Nomad which was in the process of being restored. I'm trying to learn more about it. I found numbers on the engine block on the passenger side looks like -0351905F56FB. I believe this is the correct motor for the car, but which numbers do I compare to tell if it is a "numbers matching" car?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Engine Casting Numbers

The best place to start is with the engine casting number located on the rear of the block on the driver's side. This will be a 7 digit number.

Based on the information you have on the stamped number: the first 7 digits are the sequence#, the first alpha charater is the assembly plant (F-Flint, MI, T-Tonawanda, NY), the next 2 digits are the year and the last alpha charater is the suffix which represents the application.

So you have the 351905th 265 ci block built in Flint, MI in 1956 and was installed in 1956 passenger car rated at 205 hp, a 4 barrel carb and a Powerglide transmission.

Sounds like a match to me! Good Find!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info... been a while since I've been on this site. We would like to restore this car - so I'm glad it's the correct motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts