Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to replace my mech fuel pump on my 350 chevy motor to an electric one. Since the motor has a 4 barrel carb I was wondering if anyone can suggest an electric fuel pump that will be reliable and also not be negatively affected by the addition of 10% - 15% ethanol. I have read and heard some bad things about the red holley electric fuel pump which I was considering. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
The only thing I can comment on, is the Holley Red electric fuel pump. Had 2; wouldn't buy another one. Couldn't get one to work and the other one worked when it felt like it. Forget the name of my present one, but it's not a Holley. I'd also suggest not to go electric unless it's absolutely necessary. They're all a pita. Give me the mechanical anyday.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Mallory 110 comp pump. Robust American made quality pump, 110 pump doesn't even need regulator and its relatively quiet...more dough than red holley but less frustration in the long run.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The carter fuel pump sounds good its only slightly more then the AC delco I was thinking about getting-Has anyone tried using the AC DELCO EP90 EXTERNAL IN LINE ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP? Summit sells it for $57 and it looks like a quality pump.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Which carb you have? with edelbrock carb you may need regulator even with 6psi preset pump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts