Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first real car purchase was a 71' Cutlass Supreme. She was six months old when I bought her with low miles. I took pretty good care of her until rust started, in which time I cleaned her up the best I could, and put a paint job on her. Six months later I sold her. The one here on Ebay is exact, except I had a bench seat. I always wanted another, but I'm to far into the 56' to spend money on another car. That and I really can't aford to do another car. How about you guys ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0736576841&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
I am a camaro guy at heart. Had 4 different ones since I was sixteen. The last one was a true 69 rs/ss. I bought it in a box and restored it. I kick myself everytime I think of it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
1968 Plymouth Sport Satillite convertible.

My youngest sister bought the car used from the local Mopar dealer in 1972 still under the factory warranty for the sum of $1,250. A doctor bought the car new for his son and they traded the car in.

It was a 383 magmun, 727 trans. True duel exhaust, 4 bbl carb. Dark blue, with black interior. bucket seats with center console. IT... FLEW!!

My sister left to live in N. Mexico with my middle sister. I got the car. Well my sister came back and wanted the car. I refused cause I'd sunk money in to it myself. The parents made me sell the car to a guy for $300 in 1985.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I wish I had my 67 Camaro back, had that when I was a teenager. At this point I would even think about swapping my 56 for one.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,812 Posts
1962 Olds Cutlass F-85 with a 215 V8 and a four speed.....Great little car.....To this day, I wish I had it back.

·
Registered
738 Posts
E Type jag bought it as a wreck for £300 - before they were considered desirable, swapped it for a Morris Minor van.

Both in short supply now - shame.

Also bought an old camaro when I was 18, total rust bucket - gave up on it - wish I had it now.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Oh Yeah!! - -

'38 Chevy Coupe that I got from my Dad. I took out the six cylinder engine and replaced it with a 350 LTI, Tarantula Manifold with 780 CFM Double Pumper, Headers, M-22 Close Ratio Muncie - a fun car! I had to sell it to get down payment money for a house - every time I see one at a Car Show, my heart yearns for its return; I often wonder "Is this my ol'Car?" My son & daughter loved the ol'car! :)

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Wish I had my 1st tri 5 back.1955 aqua/off white convertible.Paid $100. for it,drove it home..

·
Registered
382 Posts
I had an HR Holden Premier, love to have one again. It would never come anywhere near the 57 for class and style. They were a good reliable Aussie car in their day.

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
Danube blue '66 Chevelle SS 396. Loved the car. Never willingly sold it either- but someone coming too fast the other way, 'round a corner on a wet road, spun out and totaled both our cars.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bought a new 70 Chevelle SS 396 4spd, red with black stripes while in the Army at Ft Carson, Colorado. Had a wife and child and sold it for a 72 Cutlass Supreme. A few years later bought another 70 Chevelle, got remarried to my present "bride" with 4 kids. Sold it also. Food, clothing, more food, college, ect.

We raised 6 kids and still have our sanity, (I think). Have 15 Grandkids. My wife designed and I built our own home after retirement, and still have our Nomad for 35 years.

Far from rich in money, but have been blessed in Gods love.

Life is good.

(still longing for another Chevelle though)

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I wish I would have bought my cousin's 67 396 SS Chevelle. I still want a 66 or 67 HT. When I found my 55 I was looking for a 56 BelAir HT. I'm lucky to have what I have now. Hope I don't ever have to sell it:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I had a long line of Impala SS cars. The one I would like to have back the most was a 62 Imp. SS convertible. It had a 327 four barrel and a powerglide. It also had pwr. windows, seats and A/C. Boy to have that back now.

·
Administrator
49,953 Posts
Sure do think about my first car a lot. It was a 1968 Chevelle that my parents had bought new. Unfortunately i wrecked it 8 months after getting my license. I`d love to have another one, someday.
Terry

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
We raised 6 kids and still have our sanity, (I think). Have 15 Grandkids. My wife designed and I built our own home after retirement, and still have our Nomad for 35 years.

Far from rich in money, but have been blessed in Gods love.

Life is good.

I would give all I have & all I will ever have for a life like yours.

68,758 Posts
where to start. :stupido2: wish i had back my 58 impala vert, 62 vette, 70 340 cuda, 76 vette, 78 z camaro, 83 z camaro, 88 cougar xr7, got them all new except for the 62 & 58. all cool cars. :hammer:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
My first car I owned was a '57 Chevy 2dr Belair hardt. given to me by my Dad when I turned 16. It was stolen in 87 and never found... Yes of course I wish I still had her!!!!!

My first car I purchased was a '70 Camaro in 1983... And...:rolleyes: Yes of course I wish I never sold her!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts