Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a pint of POR-15 Factory Manifold Gray high heat paint.I just got the first coat on tonight,have to wait 24hrs and apply second coat.Has any one used this and what was your results?Were you satisfied with the outcome? I have used some of there other products and have been very satisfied and I hope this works as good!

·
Premium Member
19,669 Posts
I just purchased a pint of POR-15 Factory Manifold Gray high heat paint.I just got the first coat on tonight,have to wait 24hrs and apply second coat.Has any one used this and what was your results?Were you satisfied with the outcome? I have used some of there other products and have been very satisfied and I hope this works as good!
no, I imagine its good, many moons ago I restored a chevelle and used eastwood manfoild <sp> product, worked good too

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have used the POR-15 manifold paint before. I seem to remember placing the manifolds in the oven, (when my wife wasn't home), between coats. It has lasted over 3 years so far.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have used it with excellent results.
I blasted my manifolds then used ospho
to treat them, then brushed on the por15.
I then put them in the oven the next day
for 300 degrees for an hour.
Results were great. No rust issues.
:anim_25:
I have also used calyx manifold dressing.
Washes off and rusts, plus it is messy.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I have used the POR-15 manifold paint before. I seem to remember placing the manifolds in the oven, (when my wife wasn't home), between coats. It has lasted over 3 years so far.
OK Hal, how did the kitchen smell, after you were done baking your parts ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I had to open all the windows and vent it with a fan before the wife got home from work. She still asked what that funny smell was. I just told her I had to heat up a couple parts in the oven. To this day she still doesn't have a clue what I did.........

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I had to open all the windows and vent it with a fan before the wife got home from work. She still asked what that funny smell was. I just told her I had to heat up a couple parts in the oven. To this day she still doesn't have a clue what I did.........
Oh Laurie:girlshit: Thats what friends are for Hal:laugh:Later, Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts