Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
50,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used the POR 15 high heat manifold paint (gray) today. Blasted them first then used sponge brush to spread the paint. If they hold up to the heat I'll be tickled. When I get um on the Vette I'll take a couple pictures. :wavey:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just put the second coat on mine tonight.Had some feedback from a couple of the other guys that said it was good stuff and holds up.I think one said it has been on around three years with no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
That would be me. Make sure you follow the directions. I think you have to heat them up between coats but I can't remeber for sure.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
A friend of my Dad's has a '36 Packard convertible that he finished restoring 5 years ago and he used the POR exhaust manifold paint and it still looks good today. He also used some other POR and Eastwood paints on engine accessories such as the intake manifold and air cleaner. Doc Wagner said the POR and Eastwood paints most closely match the original Packard paint and the Eastwood Green he used on the block duplicates the original Packard paint.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I used that on my wheelwell headers a year ago and it is breaking down a bit.
I think that a lot has to do with the poor condition of my headers. I also use it on brake drums. It makes them look 'raw'.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mickey,I've use the por 15 gray on a few cars now,it's always held up well for me,nice vette you picked up always liked that year.:tu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts