Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed a set of stock 2" "ram horn" exhaust manifolds on a 350 ci installed in my 56. Although the car has been hot rodded, I Didn't want to go with headers. Ram horns where not used by the factory on the 55-56 model year. Does anyone make a motor pipe or exhaust system (without the "H" pipe like Ecklers) that will bolt up to the ram horns and tie into a stock type dual exhaust system (without the use of the front cross over pipe like 57 ) or will I have to have an exhaust system bent up by a muffler shop. Currently there is no exhaust system installed on the car as I am in the middle of a 6cyl to V8 conversion.

Don

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
To be honest, it's probably cheaper in the long run, and certainly quicker, to get the shop to bend some up. I have had issues with thing that 'should' fit!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I did what you are trying to do years ago. I had the crossover taken out and the ends welded up with dual exhaust and it the car ran like crap. Don't know why--maybe too much backpressure. Never did figure it out--went back to crossover and it was OK and then went to hedders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts