Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys
I just bought a factory exterior sun visor for my 57 2dr.ht. The visor is white but my car is black so I'm going to have to have it painted. However the underside is a green color it needs painted as well. Would anyone know what color green that is or where I could look to find that color green.
Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
16,157 Posts
Hey Guys
I just bought a factory exterior sun visor for my 57 2dr.ht. The visor is white but my car is black so I'm going to have to have it painted. However the underside is a green color it needs painted as well. Would anyone know what color green that is or where I could look to find that color green.
Thanks
Mike
Hi Mike, The flat green is correct for the bottom of all the outside visors no matter what the top color is. Somewhere I have the color info for a very close match. I will have to do some searching and will post back here within a couple days.

-Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Green color?

Hey thanks Bruce for helping me out. I have tried to keep my car as original as I possibly could even if it does look "goofy"

Mike

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Hi Mike, over here in Australia during the 50-80s when you bought your new Holden (General Motors since about 1919 I think) that was the standard colour on the underside of all the outside sun visors. Why green I have not the slightest idea why. Most of the visors were painted the same colour as the car or the standard white but the underneithe was left green. Sounds like us Aussie's followed you Americans in so many things. When we ordered our brand new 55-57 Chev from your local Holden dealer, you waited 6 months and it came from Canada right hand drive standard.

·
Premium Member
4,921 Posts
Hi Mike, over here in Australia during the 50-80s when you bought your new Holden (General Motors since about 1919 I think) that was the standard colour on the underside of all the outside sun visors. Why green I have not the slightest idea why. Most of the visors were painted the same colour as the car or the standard white but the underneithe was left green. Sounds like us Aussie's followed you Americans in so many things. When we ordered our brand new 55-57 Chev from your local Holden dealer, you waited 6 months and it came from Canada right hand drive standard.
I was going to say, 'Here in Australia ...' and then I saw this post. I'd think the reason for that colour green relates to the reduction of glare from the sky. Admittedly, this is noticed more depending on climate, but 'here in Australia', where the sky is big and the light is bright, you need all the help you can get. You do not want to be looking up at black from inside the car. In a way, you can think of the colour of the underneath of the sunvisor as an extension of the colour of the roof liner.

My 2¢.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
If you take it to a paint shop they if they have a color gun they can mix the right color -----as for the underside color ,i have always seen them green :anim_25:

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I'd think the reason for that colour green relates to the reduction of glare from the sky.
I've heard the same. And mine is painted that color as well.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I've owned a number of outside visors, many of them NOS. All of them were a medium-dark flat green color underneath. The upper side of the NOS visors were painted a pale olive flat green as a primer. I've got pictures someplace, but I can't locate them at the moment.

The outside visors were made by Precision Products Inc., 2210 Greer St., Kesgo Harbor MI. Any Tri-5 members in MI close enough to see if they're still there?

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Reflection

I guess also the reflection off the windshild wouldn't bounce off the flat green underside and back down. If any one has ever painted one and knows the color could you let me know?

Thanks Guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts