Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fan control switch was not hooked up when I got my car so I'm trying to figure out how. I see a black wire coming from right side of firewall looks like it maybe going to fan and maybe hooks up to right side of switch ?? And lift side of switch needs power? Is there a disanated wire for it???

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
The wire to the firewall is most likely the ground. The switch needs a positive wire. Take it from your aux. post on your fuse block or install another block with a pos wire you can fuse. Make certain of the size fuse you need for the fan. Another way is to use a circuit breaker sized for the amp draw of the fan. You can get those at your local auto parts or the radio shack. No grounds on the switch. :anim_25:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it a delux or recirculating heater. There is a fuse clip on the fuse panel for the heater. There was a wire from the fuse clip to the switch and then a black wire from the switch to the motor, with a connector to the motor on the heater box. See View C ..... http://www.trifive.com/garage/55%20Chevy%20Assembly%20Manual/101-6.gif
Acardon, I don't no what a delux is? I have 2 levers on top that go from side to side and 2 that go up and down? The drawing is very helpful...... thank you.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,017 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts