Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
My $.02..

Looks to be an over priced TBI injector.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
You can buy the EZ-EFI 2.0 harness, ecu, and touchscreen for a multiport setup of your choice if you don't want to run the throttle body.

I haven't seen too much about it to be honest though. It's still pretty new. I think Holley's Terminator EFI kit has more features for the same price. Neither are cheap.

·
Registered
37,219 Posts
Even the original FAST EZ setup would run multiport. My neighbor put one on an old TPI and liked it. It was an early TPI that didn't have spark control stock, just a mechanical/vacuum big cap HEI distributor.

One of the things about the original EZ setup was no spark control. I've read and heard conflicting reports about the 2.0 being able to do this or not. Maybe if it has it, it's not part of the usual kit, you have to add it.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Same here Rick...it looks like partial timing control, but not a real timing table. Looks like you can set the initial, max, and the rate of the advance curve, but that's about it. Appears to mimic programmable distributors like the MSD E-Curve. Not awful, but certainly not like a bonafide EFI timing table that's tunable at different loads and rpm.

Having said that, simplicity isn't the worst thing.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Why? Way too much money for what you can get. Spent many hours listening to the salesman try to sell this to a friend. I'd buy a used LS complete before I would go this route.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
A complete LS swap isn't just the engine, ecu, harness, etc. It's a lot more than that and anyone trying to pass it off as such has an agenda. Get real...we're talking a new fuel tank, new motor mounts, front accessory drive, exhaust, etc.

SBC's can still make good power on a budget. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies, I also think it's too much money but I've decided to buy an EFI system. But when there is so much money even want to know that it's good stuff. I do not want to change the engine because I like my old 1967 Camaro 350 engine :)

·
Registered
37,219 Posts
Hutchenc, thanks for clearing up what the 2.0 can do for ignition timing. Can you program both rpm and vacuum advance?

From afar, hard to tell whether the guy on pro-touring has installation problems or FAST problems or both since we don't know what's wrong yet.

I agree on the price too. Looks similar to the price for a Holley multiport system where you get a manifold too, though with the Holley you still have to supply a compatible distributor.

Edit: I quickly looked up some prices at Summit. One thing that's confusing at first look is that some have a pump and some don't, and they get a lot of $$ for a pump. Looks like FAST is up to 15% higher than Holley for similar packages.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
A complete LS swap isn't just the engine, ecu, harness, etc. It's a lot more than that and anyone trying to pass it off as such has an agenda. Get real...we're talking a new fuel tank, new motor mounts, front accessory drive, exhaust, etc.

SBC's can still make good power on a budget. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.
No argueement about it being costly and some work otherwise I would have already done it. But the FAST and Edelbrock don't offer enough control to make it worthwhile for me. The have no answer when you ask them about fuel economy. Sure it might be better than a regular carbbed engine, but not for $2300. Power isn't the issue I'm talking about, I'm more into good distance driving, reliability and gas mileage.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd get a GM RamJet intake and injectors, along with an EFIConnection kit if I wanted to use a Gen I engine and have fuel injection FAR before I went with any of the aftermarket stuff.

Why? Full tunability with your standard LS1 ECM; full modern factory-like control on an older engine? Count me in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts