Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a 55 bel air convert with the power pack and all options. i have a fast right turn signal front and right and i just dont know what to look for or where to start. i know it must be a short...i think. the car is fully restored to exact stock so i was wondering where to look first or how to track down a short with out going thru all the wires one by one. thanks all.

Zan

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,035 Posts
The directional will blink fast, typically when one of the bulbs are bad....Look to see whether the the front or rear bulb is out on the fast blinking side.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Fast blinking does indicate a short or too much load on the flasher. The more load, the faster the flasher heats up and opens the circuit to flash.
First, take one bulb out at a time and see if the bulbs may be bad. To determine where to look for a short in the wires, unplug the rear harness connector near the drivers kick panel. If the fronts blink slow or don't blink at all, the short is in the back harness. Look for screws going into the harness under the sill plate. Look for a pinched wire under the rear seat.
If it still blinks fast, the front is shorted. Look for a pinched wire near the front sheet metal core support area. It could even be a pinched wire under the dash going to the turn indicator light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.