Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that many here say Happy Father's Day in a prayer at this point in your lives and am sure others are fathers themselves.

Questions:

How is your fathers day, what did you do?

I celebrate with my boys and am going to spend time with my father by sitting in his Nomad that he left me...I definitely miss him.

God Bless all and thanks for the kinship here.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My daughter is working a bit this summer (she will be a senior at Cal this fall) but will be coming out in a few weeks. Excited about that!

I got a charcoal grill for Father’s Day, so I can now ruin meat with smoke, gas or charcoal 😜.

I will putter about in the garage a bit, then cook up some nice NY strip steaks for my wife and I this evening. Nothing elaborate today- just relax a bit at home doing some things I enjoy.

Only thing that would make it better is if my daughter were here. Ironic- I did my best to raise her to be fearless and independent and to go out and take on the world; guess I can’t be too bummed out she’s doing exactly that 😊😢

Hope everyone here is enjoying the day in a way that’s pleasing to them!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sadly my brother in law passed away yesterday . A bummer for all this Fathers Day . But . We will be going to my daughters house . It will be us , my daughter , her husband , the other in laws , my dad , brother , and my son in laws brother and sister . Oh yea the 2 young grandkids should keep us amused and our attention on them . We do know how lucky we are .

Enjoy the day dads !

·
Registered
297 Posts
Happy Fathers day, both of our Dad's have passed, so we're taking in some live music this afternoon, then some fresh fish for dinner, we're sure they'd approve!!
Just got home from a father's day car show,first one for my seven in 26 years.had a great time with my oldest grandson and my son in law,and of course my wonderful wife

·
Registered
57 Bel Air 2 door hardtop
192 Posts
Spent time with our 3 girls this morning. My wife and I drove the 57 over to visit my dad's grave, and we're at my wife's parents now. Fairly busy day today, good to spend time with family.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
950 Posts
Spent the entire day with my wife and daughter, went for a walk, watched a ballgame barbecued some steak for dinner and am now just returning from, an ice cream run in the '55. What an awesome day.

Hope your day was perfect too.

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
I thought about my Dad first thing this morning and wondered if he would get any flowers to his grave from any of my siblings. My wife and I have been in Ensenada, Baja California since yesterday. Great place for fresh seafood. Yesterday for lunch I had a whole fried Rock Cod with all the trimmings and a bottle of Coca Cola. For dinner I ordered a dozen fresh shucked oysters and three large fresh clams diced into bite size pieces and a fruit wine cooler called sangria.
This morning, I got an early text from my youngest brother, then another from one of my key managers. Before noon my son and my daughter sent me a Father's Day text.
Wife and I left our friend's house in Ensenada about midmorning to do some sightseeing. We had to drive through Ensenada to get to this resort where we were going for breakfast. On the way we stopped at this one store selling clay pots and loads of seascape decorations we need for decorating our landscape we just completed in Pismo Beach. Odd thing, all of the price tags were in dollars, so we knew whom they catered to so I don't think we got any bargains, but they will be a great reminder of a wonderful day my wife and I spent together Father's Day 2022...I hope all you guys made happy memories of your own...with or without your kids, :cool:(y)

Food Glasses Table Tableware Plate

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I thought about my Dad first thing this morning and wondered if he would get any flowers to his grave from any of my siblings. My wife and I have been in Ensenada, Baja California since yesterday. Great place for fresh seafood. Yesterday for lunch I had a whole fried Rock Cod with all the trimmings and a bottle of Coca Cola. For dinner I ordered a dozen fresh shucked oysters and three large fresh clams diced into bite size pieces and a fruit wine cooler called sangria.
This morning, I got an early text from my youngest brother, then another from one of my key managers. Before noon my son and my daughter sent me a Father's Day text.
Wife and I left our friend's house in Ensenada about midmorning to do some sightseeing. We had to drive through Ensenada to get to this resort where we were going for breakfast. On the way we stopped at this one store selling clay pots and loads of seascape decorations we need for decorating our landscape we just completed in Pismo Beach. Odd thing, all of the price tags were in dollars, so we knew whom they catered to so I don't think we got any bargains, but they will be a great reminder of a wonderful day my wife and I spent together Father's Day 2022...I hope all you guys made happy memories of your own...with or without your kids, :cool:(y)

View attachment 369256
That sounds great. The wife and I are heading to Ensenada next week. Never been further south than TJ and our Spanish hasn't come along as quick as we hoped, but I'm sure we'll get by.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kids (both 42 so guess not kids) never come, seldom call so today I'm working in shop on the beginning stages of Classic update kit on my 55.
i know how you feel my oldest and his wife almost put me in poor house tried to help them they were living in my other house did not pay bills tore up house i now have a no trespass order on both him and wife my younger son works and pays his way i lost him do to the other sons bullshit

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i know how you feel my oldest and his wife almost put me in poor house tried to help them they were living in my other house did not pay bills tore up house i now have a no trespass order on both him and wife my younger son works and pays his way i lost him do to the other sons bullshit
Both of mine are self sufficient with good jobs. One at a nearby steel mill and the other has a barber shop in Florida. They just always seem too busy to call. Only thing they ever asked was when they each bought their homes and wanted to borrow the money but I gave them the down payments, 10,000 each.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Both of mine are self sufficient with good jobs. One at a nearby steel mill and the other has a barber shop in Florida. They just always seem too busy to call. Only thing they ever asked was when they each bought their homes and wanted to borrow the money but I gave them the down payments, 10,000 each.
the younger boy will get our place at some time in the future he worked his butt off helping me around here growing up his brother will get nothing ever from me but an ass kicking if i see him on my property if i dont shoot him first

·
Premium Member
57 210 post dressed as a Bel Air
627 Posts
Some of my boys showed up, others called or texted all of them good and healthy. Raising my bunch of wild boys was the best job I ever had and without a doubt the best get poor quick scheme I ever came across. If I got regrets it just that I didn't have more time to raise a few more. Wild boys, wild cars, living in the country I couldn't have had more fun if I tried. Having good family to learn from made it better to pass along.

Steve

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
That sounds great. The wife and I are heading to Ensenada next week. Never been further south than TJ and our Spanish hasn't come along as quick as we hoped, but I'm sure we'll get by.
Make sure you have an excellent GPS system. Know where you're going. Let your bank kinow you'll be using a credit card in Mexico, pay for insurance coverage, Food is generally pretty safe. Drink bottled water, soft drinks or beer. Santo Tomas wine is generally pretty good.
Roads are pretty tricky and in need of repair. Drive defensively and you'll find Mexican drivers do the same. You seldom hear horns go off. One of the few times I heard someone blow their horn is when a group of tourist types took their time in crossing against a red light and one of the "lady" jay walkers turned around and flipped her middle finger at everyone waiting for them to walk across.
If you're not on a tight budget try the Lucerna Hotel. Excellent service and great food. Try their Ceaser Salad.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts