Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I entered my Falcon Futura into the SAC Air Museum Father's Day car show. Left it there Friday night and drove it out Sunday late afternoon. Took my in-laws to the museum Saturday. My father-in-law is a retired Air Force pilot. His plane was the F-105 Thundercheif which is along I-80 on a pedestal to attract visitors. They place cars in the two hangers along with the planes on display. If you've never been there, it's a good museum. They have an SR-71 hanging from the ceiling as you enter. What a remarkable aircraft. That was the plane that made the sonic booms over Nebraska when I was a small kid back in the late '60's. Sunday I had additional family there. It was a great show being inside and air conditioned. It was well over 100 with the heat index this past weekend.
That's an F-105 behind my car and I believe a T-33 hanging up above.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Airplane Sculpture Art Fence Aerospace engineering

·
Registered
950 Posts
Not to be contrary but I think the plane behind your car is a F101 - Voodoo.

You are very lucky to have had the opportunity to display your car there, old war birds are my second passion. I was a tech on the CF-101 way back when.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Make sure you have an excellent GPS system. Know where you're going. Let your bank kinow you'll be using a credit card in Mexico, pay for insurance coverage, Food is generally pretty safe. Drink bottled water, soft drinks or beer. Santo Tomas wine is generally pretty good.
Roads are pretty tricky and in need of repair. Drive defensively and you'll find Mexican drivers do the same. You seldom hear horns go off. One of the few times I heard someone blow their horn is when a group of tourist types took their time in crossing against a red light and one of the "lady" jay walkers turned around and flipped her middle finger at everyone waiting for them to walk across.
If you're not on a tight budget try the Lucerna Hotel. Excellent service and great food. Try their Ceaser Salad.
Thanks for the tips, I'll check it out. We were thinking Holiday Inn or even Eiffel, since it's within walking distance of what I think is the tourist area but will check out Lucerna too.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
11,953 Posts
Late to the thread due to not having internet for 5 days.

Mine is not much by all the posts but for me they were the best ever Fathers day gift in a loooooooog time. One was from my own
biological daughter that I never got the chance to have much of a relationship with. Since her mother passed away a few years ago,
I have been able to form one. I got a simple text message.

The other is from a young girl we took into out home almost 4 years ago. She sent me a text as well......even though we have no
biological connection.....just one that is from pure LOVE. I am also going to walk he down the isle of our church in a few weeks to be
joined to another young man in marriage

So I was twice blessed!......and maybe 3 times if you count the one just around the corner. :)

Mikey

·
Registered
129 Posts
My wife and I got up and went to our favorite local restaurant for breakfast. Went home, did some computer work for my business then we just took it easy. Later I cooked dinner for us and my younger son that lives with us. My kids called or send email for Father's Day. All in all, a great day.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I realize that many here say Happy Father's Day in a prayer at this point in your lives and am sure others are fathers themselves.

Questions:

How is your fathers day, what did you do?

I celebrate with my boys and am going to spend time with my father by sitting in his Nomad that he left me...I definitely miss him.

God Bless all and thanks for the kinship here.
First myself and my son-in-law went to the Father’s Day car show to take a quick look. Then back home to get the wife, daughter, and 7 year old grandson. Piled into the 56 Nomad and drove about 40 miles to Bodega Bay for clam chowder. Then back home for a barbecue where our oldest daughter came with our 20 year old grandson. It was a great day. I’m very blessed.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
First myself and my son-in-law went to the Father’s Day car show to take a quick look. Then back home to get the wife, daughter, and 7 year old grandson. Piled into the 56 Nomad and drove about 40 miles to Bodega Bay for clam chowder. Then back home for a barbecue where our oldest daughter came with our 20 year old grandson. It was a great day. I’m very blessed.
That's awesome. ...and life is always better in a Nomad!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts