Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
56/57 Lincoln Continental Mark II. Hand built, hand rubbed finish, FoMoCo lost money on every one they sold, that's why they only lasted two years.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Still my first love, 1955 Crown Victoria. No Continental kit, two toned paint, fender skirts. Great chassis and front suspension (starting point for Banjo Matthews Stock Cars for time stretching into the '60's). Never liked the 6 volt electrics/ Y-block engine/ Fordomatic trans. I swapped mine to 12 volts, 428 scj engine with C-6 feeding torque to a 4 pinioned Trac-loc 9-inch. The only Hot Rod I have ever owned which never let me down or stranded me. (Only exception to this was my fault when I took a young lady 'parking' in a new subdivision where drains and water lines had been run and the ground back-filled, but not packed or paved. Sunk my Crown Viv to the taillights.)

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
Favorite

I was in GA looking for parts for my '57 Belair Hardtop when I stumbled on a '57 Pontiac hardtop. It was a complete car in great shape. I loved the look of it, a Chevy with more bling. I would have loved to haul it back to MA but didn't have the resources. A shame since they would have made great stablemates.

Dangerous Joe :viking:

·
Registered
863 Posts
There are so many good ones but the one that stands out the most for me is the 56-57 Continental (not Lincoln) Mark II's. The 57 Pontiac Bonneville is at the top of the list also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Always loved the 1957 Pontiac probably because I grew up with one. My folks had one from 1959 to 1970. I presently have one that I have owned since 1996. Restored the car original from 1997-1998. My 57 Pontiac is a Canadian built model and is based on the 57 Chevrolet. I kid you not. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I LOVE 57 Pontiacs.......the ride, the tri-power ....and the looks of them get me everytime!!!

whats your "other" tri-five favorite?
I would agree beautiful cars There is a silver 2dr I see often at local cruise ins really nice but I would sure hate to pay to have all that chrome & stainless done & I have no idea what is available in the repop parts. My grandparents had a new 55 star chief I believe

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Lots to choose from but I do like the 56 Crown Vic.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
...old thread; but not a bad question.

But - say "look at that '55" (or '56 or '57) in front of most any group of people and they'll be looking for a Chevy...

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Any 5-6-7 Thunderbird.
I get that Bob, really, and they've got classy lines and a definite spot in automotive history...but I've got a couple of friends with them and they're one of the more uncomfortable cars I've ever driven... just sayin' :unsure:

·
Registered
15,450 Posts
I get that Bob, really, and they've got classy lines and a definite spot in automotive history...but I've got a couple of friends with them and they're one of the more uncomfortable cars I've ever driven... just sayin' :unsure:
Madman,perhaps your friends are just too tall and too heavy for the small T-Bird seats,just saying. LOL. Anyways,these Birds' are now just show and trailer Queens and rarely driven out on the road. Right?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Right Bob! And there's obviously far fewer than our favorite Chevys, and I've rarely seen one that wasn't a restoration (of one level or another). My problem was just getting into the darn thing...kind of like getting into a C1 or C2 Vette. If is isn't a roadster, I almost have to crawl in and out! :LOL: But what surprises me is that decent ones don't draw more $$ than they do.

·
Registered
15,450 Posts
I believe you're right on that,they should fetch more money.Maybe its because of the way the economy is going now due to the Covid.What do you think.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts