Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I believe you're right on that,they should fetch more money.Maybe its because of the way the economy is going now due to the Covid.What do you think.
My opinion (and we all know what opinions are like) is it was going on before then. Apart from that the entire market may be softening on old cars - and further comments from me on this will take this down a path we shouldn't go here - my thinking is that those birds, with all of their style and class, just don't lend themselves to 1) ease of restoration 2) availability of parts 3) raw numbers of cars to work on 4) relative ease to turn one into almost any type of car one might wish: restoration, resto-mod, cruiser, beater, drag car, whatever you might want. That's what's so great about a Tri-Five!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I'm a dyed in the wool Chevy guy, but I do like the lines of the Tri 5 Fords. Especially the '55-'56 Fords. I like the '57 Ford 300 series, but not as much the bigger Galaxie hadtops.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Good thread for being a couple of years old. I think all the manufacturers nailed it in 1957. It seems they all hit the pinnacle of design that year with Chevrolet at the top of the heap.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts