Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way before I got into collecting cars and Chevies in particular, I collected antique/vintage toys for about 25 years. One of my favorites to this day is my Felix The Cat collection.
I had heard of Felix Chevrolet using Felix as their trademark, but I never bought anything associated with this agency because of the amount of reproductions. Some of my Felix pieces are rare and one of's. In particular is my Felix Cowboy. Back in it's heyday when toy collecting was in it's prime I was offered $10K for this piece. I doubt it's worth anywhere near that now in spite of the fact this is probably the best piece around with original hat, pistol and manufacturer's tag.
I still add to this collection whenever I come across a rare or unusual piece. The last one coming out of Melbourne Australia a few years back.
I would like to add some authentic vintage Felix Chevrolet memorabilia, but I don't get out to toy shows anymore and car swap meets all carry the reproductions. I don't trust eBay stuff.
I'm not going to ask anyone to give up their favorite authentic Felix Chevrolet, but if you do have one, I'd like to see a picture of it so it gives me an idea of what's out there. GOT FELIX?
Here's some pics of some of my Felix stuff.
Bob

Stuffed toy Plush Toy Fawn Illustration

Toy Collection Glass Action figure Fictional character

Toy Collection Figurine Fictional character

Porcelain Teapot Cup Tableware Teacup

Cup Porcelain Saucer Coffee cup Cup

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Felix a carton cat about 50 years ago? I remember cartoons when I was a pup. don't have one myself. but if I run across any will let you know.:anim_25:

·
Premium Member
10,125 Posts
Cool collectables Bobby! I don't have any, but I wanted to let you know I admired your collection.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Nice collection Bobby. Mike

·
Registered
68,758 Posts
I have a great time with all my collections (comics, BB cards, coins, stamps & more), most not worth what they once were. but, how cares. its all about the fun. Felix collection is neat, thanks for sharing. :tu

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,275 Posts
the FELIX I remember most is a CHEVROLET dealer

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mouse Heaven

For those truly interested in Felix the Cat, there is no better site than that of the Felix collection of Mel Birnkrant under the title Mouse Heaven. It is fantastic.
He even has my Cowboy Felix which he thinks is perfect and complete, which is not so, as I've got that piece. The hat is incorrect, The bandanna is incorrect, and he doesn't have the cowboy vest with the sheriff's badge on it.
Bob

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I watched Felix cartoons as a kid. There was a Poindexter, and a Rough house in the cartoons. Felix had a majic bag of tricks, and said "righty-o" a lot. My favorite cartoon has always been Popeye.
It was Rockbottom, not Rough house.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts