Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Would love a picture myself. Only ones I have seen were the inner fenders all removed!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just installed mine today, and i left my inner fenders in place but i ended up cutting most of it out because the headers hit on the top side, i left most of fender forward of motor, ill try to post pics soon

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Here's mine in the mock-up stage back in Jan. 08.

I might make a removable panel for under the header behind the front tire. I'm sure I'll drive it in the rain and I don't think that cold water splashing on a hot header is a good idea. :D

The pics are also in my garage...

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
From the outside - pass side:

From the engine compartment:

As I said above:

Here's mine in the mock-up stage back in Jan. 08.

I might make a removable panel for under the header behind the front tire. I'm sure I'll drive it in the rain and I don't think that cold water splashing on a hot header is a good idea.

I may have to add a little more clearance around the pipes, it's about 3/8", may need to go to 1/2" or so. The engine doesn't move that much, but the fenders might. :D

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finished installing mine, VHT paint, also got my K&N velocity air cleaner installed and some collectors for the ends of the headers.
looks good rusty..

whats the plan for exhaust?

you gonna crossover the frame and run cut outs/full exhaust or just stay on the outside and run it to the rear wheel?

or open tubes? :party0031:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts