Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I used a set of BBC Doug's Headers for my '55, and modified them at the flange to fit my 425 Olds motor, I was quite happy with the quality. I do wish I had sent them in for a good quality coating after modifying them, I think Doug's does offer them coated, but as I was modifying mine, I got them uncoated...
I got mine through Speedway Motors.

LINK to my header fab page....
Aloha,
Willy

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
The Speedway headers are Patriot, owned by Doug Thorley. I put a set of them on my OT project, and really happy with the quality. Can't tell you how they'd fit a Tri 5, but they are well made. 2" primaries, and 3.5" collectors. $220.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just posted a thread in header sections i'm doing a big block in my 55 and bought patriot headers, they are very well made and I love the look but they are dive bombing my steering box in my 55 and I am trying to figure out how to get them to clear other then the denting method. They say when you get them that the engine must be in stock location whether it be big or small block.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I just posted a thread in header sections i'm doing a big block in my 55 and bought patriot headers, they are very well made and I love the look but they are dive bombing my steering box in my 55 and I am trying to figure out how to get them to clear other then the denting method. They say when you get them that the engine must be in stock location whether it be big or small block.
Post some photos.

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
I had issues with the flanges on mine on my BBC due to the ARP studded block. The studs stick up enough to come in contact with the header flanges, and wouldn't allow the bolts to be installed. I had to grind the excess stud off the heads, and then grind a little from the flange to get them to fit and clear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.