Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, getting closer all the time to installing another 700R4 in my gasser. I was just wondering about the converter. Is it adviseable to put a quart or so of trans. fluid in the coverter before installing it?? I've never done it before but that doesn't mean I did it right. Your thoughts???? Thanx, Carmine.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Yes, fill the converter

Especially if it is newly rebuilt, yes, pre-fill the converter. Put as much in as you can, so that it does not all run out when you tip the converter up to put it on the front pump during installation. Usually about 2-3 quarts depending on converter size.

Driver.

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
I always dump 1 or 2 in converter and put light grease on the hub. I then put 5 or 6 in trans and start. I also likr to tun a deep pan with extended pickup especially in 700r4.

·
Administrator
66,133 Posts
Especially if it is newly rebuilt, yes, pre-fill the converter. Put as much in as you can, so that it does not all run out when you tip the converter up to put it on the front pump during installation. Usually about 2-3 quarts depending on converter size.

Driver.
:anim_25:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts