Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the board and need some advice on what final drive to go with.

The car has a stock rearend now, but I want to set it up right if I'm going to the expense of replacing it. The engine is a 406 w/approximate 475HP so need something to hold that power. I also was to put some large wheels and tires under it also. Just love the looks of the big meats under a 55. Who makes a rearend that will fit the stock springs and mounts? Who makes a narrowed rearend? I know someone must have done this to theirs and have some recommendations.

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,704 Posts
What transmission do you have?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I'm new to the board and need some advice on what final drive to go with.

The car has a stock rearend now, but I want to set it up right if I'm going to the expense of replacing it. The engine is a 406 w/approximate 475HP so need something to hold that power. I also was to put some large wheels and tires under it also. Just love the looks of the big meats under a 55. Who makes a rearend that will fit the stock springs and mounts? Who makes a narrowed rearend? I know someone must have done this to theirs and have some recommendations.

Thanks in advance
:sign0016:
For one thing you will have to relocate your springs into the frame rails with a pocket kit, or move them to the inside of the frame rails and tub your wheel wells, to fit those big meats you are wanting.It does look good after it's done.I was very happy with the look, glad i did it.Others will post up more info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts