Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
iPhone? If you use an iPhone (or smart phone), make sure you hold the phone sideways with the home button under your right thumb.

If you snap the picture in "portrait mode" (see above), then we see it sideways because it gets rotated to landscape mode.

Your phone always auto-rotates to the orientation you took the photo, but the computer doesn't know which way is up. Lesson, when posting pics to the internet, always shoot the picture in landscape mode with the button to the right. Hope that makes sense.
I have been uploading pics to my PC, when I post these pics, (from my pc), they all look proper untill they get posted, then some of them are rotated. And it's not the ones that I took in Landscape, just randomly rotated portrait pics?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
My pictures do that too sometimes. I use Photobucket and its almost always reliable but for some reason every once in awhile it'll rotate them 90* and sometimes 180*

It seems to correct itself.....sometimes! Sorry i couldnt help. At least you'll know its not only you.

PS: Love the truck color. What is the name?

Best, Dan
Pinecrest Green w/ India Ivory White on the roof

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks Canuck!

I REALLY like it. It's a very attractive soft turquoise and not the harder/harsher ones you usually see on 50's cars/trucks.

I've only seen a very few turquoises that i liked and yours is definitely one.:congrats:

This one REALLY made me reconsider doing my truck in red. And now yours!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks Dan,
yeah, it's a very light shade, not near as bright as some others. After I painted it, I had several friends of mine tell me that they secretly hated the colour, but didn't want to hurt my feelings. But once they seen it on the truck, they loved it, they see how it works. I like that it's a colour combo that was only available in 56, (except for the Pinecrest green, it returned in 67 on Cadillacs). I also thought about red, and yellow, but I didn't want a modern looking ride. This color combo makes it look very retro to me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, another few years off, finally found the time to really get back into it. I put whitewalls and crome smotthies on it, still waiting for the moons, all 4 were dented when I got them. Also replaced valve covers and air cleaner. I got the wiring all done, the American Autowire kit worked really well, it was a breeze to put in. Battery under passenger side floor, with a night switch. Bypassed the nightswitch with a fused feed to stereo memory. I ran all the underhood wires around the hinges and under the front fenders. I wanted to keep it clean under the hood, and don't plan on driving in the rain too much. I got the dynamat all done, with heat shield jute on top. At that point, after 10 years of building this in a 14ft x 20ft garage, I moved it to my work shop to finish it, I needed to be able to open both doors. lol. Got the carpet in, stereo all wired and mounted, bottom of the seat done, just waiting on the top, and interior is all finished. Have a bunch of little stuff left now, vacuum cannister because my cam is lumpy, finish e brake set up, touch up paint, then wet sand and polish, mount emblems and wax. Hoping for April 1st as a 100% complete date.

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Looks PHENOMENAL!! Well-done Cdriver, well-done, sir!! That's the original color that my grandfathers '56 was. Killer build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
From what I learned your phone after taking a picture knows how to display the pic right side up on the phone. Your computer you are sending it to does not know right side up. On my computer I can rotate the pic but then I have to resize it using the same size and it works every time for me. That truck has one big window but looks good! The smell of paint means your on the final stretch.

·
Registered
689 Posts
GREAT LOOKING BUILD EXCELLENT WORK! I WISH MINE WAS THAT FAR ALONG. wHERE DID YOU PURCHASE YOUR WIRING KIT FROM? WAS IT COMPLETE OR DID YOU HAVE TO ADD TO IT AFTER YOU STARTED THE JOB?
WERE THE INSTRUCTIONS PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD?

THE REASON I'M ASKING IS I SHOULD BE DOING MINE PRETTY SOON.

BEAUTIFUL JOB MAN GET IT GOING AND DRIVE THAT DUDE. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
PHEW!!!

Finally finished the 56 up. Spent every spare minute on it since October. Except for a couple bugs to work out, she is completely done!! I put about 30 incredibly satisfying miles on it so far. I have fixed up many cars and trucks, enjoyed them all, but there's something about building something from the ground up, where you replaced every nut and bolt, almost every part, frame off resto. Except for the spraying of the paint, and the finish bodywork, I did everything myself. It feels different than any vehicle I have ever owned, a huge sense of accomplishment, and a great feeling of satisfaction. Going to walk away from it for a while, have a couple years of yardwork to catch up on, not to mention a marriage to rebuild!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
She looks fantastic!! You have every right to be PROUD!
Well-done, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts