Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! This is Matt from Texas! I just got my first 55 I’m ecstatic. Has a 383 crate motor & Delray interior. Has s a four speed too, which I love. I don’t think I overpaid, it has air, but doesn’t have power brakes or power steering so those are the next things.

I’m looking to get rid of these Crager’s as quick as possible.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,857 Posts
Welcome....Great looking ride :)(y) I kinda like Craigers...Too bad you're so far away

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice looking 55. I love the delray interior! The biggest bang for the buck would be to add a front sway bar. It will handle much better!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Very nice. I really like the colors with the Del Ray interior and the 4 speed. It might be worth trying a ball bearing idler arm before you go to power steering. It used to be called poor mans power steering. It is a lot cheaper and a lot less work. What part of Texas are you in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice. I really like the colors with the Del Ray interior and the 4 speed. It might be worth trying a ball bearing idler arm before you go to power steering. It used to be called poor mans power steering. It is a lot cheaper and a lot less work. What part of Texas are you in?
Thanks for the advice! i’m in DFW.

·
Premium Member
10,697 Posts
Welcome to Tri-Five and congratulations on getting a great looking 55.

·
Registered
66,019 Posts
hi Matt and welcome. good to have you here. good looking 55, one of my fav color combos.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Congratulations! Really like the color. The underneath looks very clean and the color of the steering wheel is an awesome contrast. Very nice. (y) What are the specs on the 383?

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I found this example of a 55 with racestar Mirage wheels. Looks really good I think.
Welcome to the forum. Those are nice looking wheels. In my opinion they only look good on a radically lowered car (like the one pictured)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts