Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This set of Cragars has been sitting in the garage for nearly three years. Since I've done about all I can do until I get some more parts, I decided to go ahead and let her wear her new shoes.

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
They look great!!!

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Looks great. You just can't beat the classic looks of Cragars.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Very nice... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I always wanted those Cragar SS's on my first '55, but as a teenager, I was lucky to afford gas. So I ran an old set of American 5-spokes that someone gave me when they upgraded.

Attachments

·
Registered
67,793 Posts
looking good. :tu

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
This set of Cragars has been sitting in the garage for nearly three years. Since I've done about all I can do until I get some more parts, I decided to go ahead and let her wear her new shoes.
What size are the rims and tires? Looks great!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks!

The fronts are 15 x 6's (can't remember the exact tire size) and the rears are 15 x 8's. I had a bit of trouble fitting the rears under the fender-wells. I jacked the car up high enough to get clearance, but I actually had to put a bottle jack between the frame and the axle to fit them in. I'm not looking forward to my first flat.

I bought them off of ebay several years ago (back when I believed my painter) and they were supposedly made to fit a '55-'57. I think they cheked the offset clearance, but did not take getting the tire over the drum into consideration. Other than that I love them. All four, wheels and tires, mounted and balanced, delivered from CA to my door in TX for $1300 (shipping included).

I believe this is the outfit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x7-8-Crag...ges&hash=item53fadae161&vxp=mtr#ht_3333wt_904

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
I love the Cragers....I've run them on what ever I've had for the last 15 years....:congrats:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 16 of 16 Posts