Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Finally put the wheels on

1K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  mickeywestsr 
#1 ·
This set of Cragars has been sitting in the garage for nearly three years. Since I've done about all I can do until I get some more parts, I decided to go ahead and let her wear her new shoes.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
They look great!!!

#5 ·
Looks great. You just can't beat the classic looks of Cragars.

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks!

The fronts are 15 x 6's (can't remember the exact tire size) and the rears are 15 x 8's. I had a bit of trouble fitting the rears under the fender-wells. I jacked the car up high enough to get clearance, but I actually had to put a bottle jack between the frame and the axle to fit them in. I'm not looking forward to my first flat.

I bought them off of ebay several years ago (back when I believed my painter) and they were supposedly made to fit a '55-'57. I think they cheked the offset clearance, but did not take getting the tire over the drum into consideration. Other than that I love them. All four, wheels and tires, mounted and balanced, delivered from CA to my door in TX for $1300 (shipping included).

I believe this is the outfit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x7-8-Crag...ges&hash=item53fadae161&vxp=mtr#ht_3333wt_904

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.