Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
49,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally got to work on the 57 a little more this weekend. I took the door glass channels off last weekend and cleaned them up and POR-15ed them. This wekend i got the new smoke tinted glass remounted in the channels. Maybe i`m on a roll,haha.
Terry

·
Administrator
49,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because i wanted tinted glass without the film tint. Tint is made into glass therefore no scratching like the film does. Tinted windows help keep sun off of interior and help keep temperatures down on interior. Smoke was the shade i liked best.
Terry

·
Registered
258 Posts
Because i wanted tinted glass without the film tint. Tint is made into glass therefore no scratching like the film does. Tinted windows help keep sun off of interior and help keep temperatures down on interior. Smoke was the shade i liked best.
Terry
i hope you didnt take offense. i was just wondering. im not a big fan of tint on old car thats all. but being from texas i bet it does get pretty warm down there.:cool:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Congrats on getting some work done, Terry! I've been stiffled lately, can't find a minute to finish my brake job!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
The tinted window issue isn't one of my pressing concerns but it's one I think about once in a while....I like tinted windows especially in the sunnier climes like ours (TX and FL).

·
Administrator
49,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave it is not real dark but dark enough to help keep the sun and heat out and the cool factor in. haha. I bought it from auto city glass and they sent me a sample before i bought it. They come to the swap meets but also sell on e-bay now. It is about the same as the back window shown on my picture site.
Terry

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Good work Chevman57.....If you're like most of us, spare time is where you make it. I love any time I can spend with my '55 no matter how insignificant or minimal the task may seem. It's all progress, time well spent. Details do make a difference. Keep us updated!

55fazzi

·
Administrator
49,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Delray, also i do upholstery work as my second job and if you saw how much the color fades on 1-2 year old cars you would do all you can to stop the sun damage to the interior. Just wanted to add that bit of info for all to see.
Terry

·
Registered
258 Posts
Delray, also i do upholstery work as my second job and if you saw how much the color fades on 1-2 year old cars you would do all you can to stop the sun damage to the interior. Just wanted to add that bit of info for all to see.
Terry
that makes since thanks for the info terry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts