Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Learned to do 2 things yesterday. Spray color and post pics here. It seems to have taken all summer, it did, to get the car to the point where the paint goes on. My friend Steve came up yesterday, he's the guy who showed me how to spray the primer, and we shot some color on the 55. We got the main body done. I posted some pics in the Gallery. I am going to work on the fenders and doors today.
Stood out there looking at it last night with renewed hope that I will actually get this done. Sometimes it seemed unlikely. Especially when you are doing it all by yourself for the most part. I can see the end of the tunnel!!!!! And its blue. I think one of the most exciting parts is now I can start to put the new stuff on. Reassembly, some of my friends, the ones that DON'T help me at all, think its crazy to put it together, take it apart and repeat until it fits. They'd go "You took it apart again?" , No comprehension of getting it right. Maybe I am just too fussy, but I just want it done right.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Congrats! I looked in the gallery and saw your pics -- they look great. Must be a good feeling to have done that yourself.

Those guys who think it's crazy to take it apart again don't know what 'right' is! They figure that if you can put it together, that must be 'right.' You know better and will do it until it's actually 'right.' Keep up the good work.

Thanks for posting your progress, it gives me, and others I'm sure, the incentive to trudge on.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I just noticed that you're from Superior, WI -- you better get done soon or you'll be covered with snow! I've been looking for the right place north of Rhinelander for several years with no luck. One of these days I'll find the rignt one.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I checked out the photos as well......Looking good!! What are you planning for an interior color?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts