Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everybody:

My name is Chris, I am 25 yrs old and I am IT(Computer geek) and I signed up to the forum a while back but have not been keeping a regular attendance to the forum but I am hoping that will change.

My story with trifive's have been a bit long, since my dad owned his 56 2 door post Bel Air 20 years ago in Mexico and later owned a 56 Bel Air Hard-Top no post that was supposed to be restored but the guy in charge of the project ended up destroying it by leaving it to the harsh weather and pollution of an industrial site near Mexico City.

Anyways we have wanted to settle in one project but since the last 10 years we had a 1956 4 door Bel Air no post, a 1957 Bel Air 4 door no post a wrecked 56 4 door post we used for parts , a 55 wagon 4 doors and last but not least our 56 Nomad.

Every single time we adquire a new project we were determined to get it done but like many of us time and money were not on our side. Always debating which one to work first or which one was more valuable, we decided to sell one by one all of them except the 56 Nomad and the 56 Bel Air Hard top. T

he 55 left a week ago and it was hard to see it go. The 56 Bel Air we already made peace with the idea that it wont be coming "home" ever since the condition of it is more than a major restoration. But finally and after been sitting in our garage for over a year we are ready to work on the 56 Nomad.

Body is in great shape, no engine or tranny and the person who sold it to me unfortunately I suspect took a lot of the parts of my nomad to make his nomad better, he denies it , but I feel it. So I am missing pretty much all the windows, interior and all the chrome. Is not a shell but it is close.

Now I am ready to drop the original 283 from that 57 Bel Air in the Nomad with a 700R4 Transmission but I am lost in the sense that I am not sure what exactly would i need to buy or modify in order to make that transmission fit on the nomad. I am so motivated to get this done that my dad, my brother and even my father in law will help me but I need some pointers or advice along the way, and therefore I ask to all of you fellow Nomad owners for some quick advice if possible of where shall I start.

Hoping to be welcome in this wonderful place, I am attaching pics of my little NOMADA as I call it in Spanish and hope to be also of some help if anybody has computer questions lol.

Thanks everybody and looking forward to talk to you.

Chris.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Hey Chris, keep at it, that'll be one nice 56 Nomad when you're done, an I look forward to seeing your progress as you go, so keep post'n those updates and pix, I'd love to see'em... BDR...:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,902 Posts
Welcome back Chris! I remember talking to you last year about your rides. Looks like you mean business now. Also looks like a lot of work ahead.

Can't answer your question on the tranny match but someone will.

Don

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
:wavey: Hi Chris and welcome back to bowtie-trifive. Nice intro. Looks like a lot of time will be spent hunting down missing parts, but never give up! Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Hi Chris.

Sounds like a great project best of luck with it.

About your question on the 700R4 mounting on a 283 i cant see any problems either than if the car has been manuell, then you need some new parts.

Just my 2cents.

Try also to post this question in the transmission forum and i am sure you will get some good answers.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
good luck

hi chris welcome back as to your nomad i say keep it do what you can when you can they are not that easy to come by i like the 55 i have ///// check madmooks website i think he also posted on this thread // and chevynut has massive amount of know how on the nomads also posted on this thread /// and a lot of other great guys on this site, who know their stuff :gba::anim_25::tu robert

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.