Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still had not done this since installing the disc brakes on the front and therefore have not been driving my 57'. Today I took it down to Firestone and left it with them to align. A couple hours later they called and it was done and I was $90 poorer, but my 57' is back on the road. They indicated it was not too far out which surprised me because I had to adjust the tie rod ends quite a bit to get the wheels to track good enough to drive it down there.

I'm happy! :happy0030:

Don

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Thats awesome!! I still need to get mine aligned after doing the front discs, only been two years:rolleyes:

68,758 Posts
good to hear it went well don. :party0031: ..............:eek: you didn't stay there and watch? :eek:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
She does! And I actually have brakes now! That was always a concern of mine.

Don
Brakes are good Don I have them on all my cars:vroam::hahaha:just kidding... Later, Dave

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
How does it stop? Glad it is back on the road.
Jim

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does it stop? Glad it is back on the road.
Jim
Stops great Jim! Still have to install the Pertronic's Ignition and replace the dash trim but at least I can drive it again.

Maybe I can bring it over your way next week and see your's outside. Do you have your's registered for the road yet?

Don

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Stops great Jim! Still have to install the Pertronic's Ignition and replace the dash trim but at least I can drive it again.

Maybe I can bring it over your way next week and see your's outside. Do you have your's registered for the road yet?

Don
Don it has always been registered but still have not solved the power steering problem.
Jim

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Jim. What is G12? I went to the Firestone off Calvine & E Stockton. I just live five miles east on Calvine from there so it was close.

Have the Tuesday night gatherings started yet at that restaurant?

Don

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Don,

Crabtree brothers G 12 Alignment and Brake has been around for years and has always catered to old classic cars, muscle cars with highly modified suspensions and hot rods with one off suspension designs...they can do it all and love specialty cars. They are near 47th Ave and 27th St in south Sacramento. They advertise in our local Cruisin' News rag.

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
...and yes, Don, Tuesday night dinner gathering is going strong at Mike's Diner on Laguna Blvd at Hwy 99. I have been too busy to go much this summer.

Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts