Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it`s finally here. except for one LITTLE[big] tapping noise, i`m using it. if any of you guys have been following all my threads, i`ve been pulling my hair out with all these gremlins. i`m running the **** out of it! putting marks down all over town. the noise in the engine worries me. but F--- it. let it come thru the hood! i`d like to take it to ocean city md., "endless summer" cruizin, but that`s 200 miles. i`m afraid it`ll let go on #95 or there or something. but, we`ll see. AGAIN, thanks to all for for all the comments, opinions, HELP, etc.:party0031:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts

Thats the way I feel too.Thats a beautiful '57 you have.There is one red with a white roof just down the road from me and its sitting beside the guys house.Wish I had some extra money.
GREG

·
Registered
66,301 Posts
good to hear your using it. i also worry about going to far with any of my old cars. 40 - 50 miles round trip is what i'm comfortable with. guess i am a wimp. :stupido2:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I never go further from the house than I can afford to have it towed back from:happy0030: Later, Dave

·
Administrator
48,733 Posts
Do like i did the first few trips. I`d leave home and have the tralier hooked up to the pickup. I told my wife if anything happened i`d give her a call and she could come pick me up. Go for it, you`ll never have more fun, i promise.
Terry

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
good to hear your using it. i also worry about going to far with any of my old cars. 40 - 50 miles round trip is what i'm comfortable with. guess i am a wimp. :stupido2:
I don't know about your insurance but I have a "tow" rider on my Haggerty policy, plus I also have AAA and a cell phone.
I just can't see having a car I have built or worked on, something I poured sweat, blood and tears into and only driving it around town...guess that's just me.
Wife and I are planning a trip from Northern CO to Taos this fall in the "55.

Drive "em like you stole 'em or have a "garage queen" that is rarely seen...;)

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Congrats Hddude. :congrats:

Sounds like you have some serius fun with your car, thats the way it should be. :tu :tu
Strange that we always are afraid that our cars will break down even after we have change so many things on them. :confused0006:

I bought my 55 in 2005, me and my son went over from Sweden and drove it in California and Nevada for 2 weeks, it had a very sad 265 engine and took almost as much oil as gasoline, and you had to fix small things like the brakes all the time. :D
But that is probably the best vacation i ever had. :party0031:

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
G.R., you`re right. i used my other tr-5, hundreds of miles away from home. but i have an engine noise that i dion`t trust.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
:congrats:Glad you're driving her. I don't think I would take her 200 miles this soon. Take her on small trips first. Get the bugs worked out first... then drive drive drive. :happy0030:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts