Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
Owe this one i don`t know but does rock valley not carry them? And you might check with street and performance since they do a lot of fuel injection setups and the later model engines.
Terry

·
Registered
277 Posts
What I do is go to the local auto store and pick up about 4' of fuel injection rubber hose and good quality clamps. I run 3/8" hard line up to about a foot of the tank and about a foot to the fuel inlet to TPI. Run hard lines and clamp to frame. Do this to the pressure side and return side.The rubber line will isolate any vibrations. Sometimes I go all the way with braided depending on what the customer wants. Other times I hard line it and use the braided on the ends for vibration reasons. If you have a good stock fuel line now you can use that 4 your return. Somew like to go with 3/8 pressure side and a little smaller on the return, but I haven't had any problems with both the same size. Remember if you go with rubber you have to go with the fuely rubber not just fuel line rubber, make sence? As you can see I am not a writer! Lon

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
I went to the local boneyard and found a 92 Camaro that was equiped with TPI and pulled the supply and return lines from it. I reshaped them to run along the outside of the right frame rail. When I got to the cowl mount, I made a 90º turn over the rail and another 90º turn to the front. By measureing correctly I was able to place them in a way so as to connect to the factory rubber lines at the rails. At the rear the line ran out about a foot behind the front spring hanger. There I used an original Camaro TPI fuel filter and bracket. From the filter I used the last section from the Camaro that would have gone to the Camaro sending unit and bent a 90º so as to cross over the frame rail just above the rear axle housing. I then ran "FUEL INJECTION GRADE rubber line to the fuel pump mounted on the frame rail down low behind the wheel. From the pump I ran regular rubber fuel line to the pre-filter and then onto the tank sending unit. I like having a filter before the pump to protect it from debris I may get from gas stations. The return line is 5/16ths while the supply is 3/8ths. I used regular brass unions to section the last part of the return over to the left side via the shock crossmember, down the outside of the left frame rail and into the filler neck. There is a 4 inch piece of rubber line between the steel line and a short piece of steel line soldered in the filler neck.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi

Thanks everyone for all the great tip, its perfect to have folks that have done it before and is willing to share there knowledge.

And the links seems perfect Chevman57, i think i can find the most i need there.

Thanks again.:D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Owe,
I was going to recommend Inlinetube.com or classictube.com. Chevman57 beat me to it. Have you considered making your own? Good luck!

Tom

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have never had any luck buying prebent lines 4 anything. They either never fit or don't fit like like I want. Sweden, I seen your work you won't like em! Buy yourself a double flareing tool and a tubing bender and do it your self. JMO, Lon

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you are using regular fuel lines or brake lines get a double flareing tool, if flareing stainless you only fare once, if you are using stainless with AN fitting you have to use a special 37 deg. flaring tool. If I am wrong someone correct me! Lon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts