Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still looking for my high school 55 H/T vin= VC55L067510 at that time was all Beige outer and red/beige inside trim , had dual rear deck ants. Sold from Morrisonville, IL. in 1961

Terry Land [email protected]

1,032 Posts
I know the feeling. Did not look for my original 55. ( But if anyone see's a White 1955 150 with a very distinct dent at a 45º angle over the passenger side headlight, where I hit a guy wire supporting a telephone pole let me know:)
Now back to my original thought.
I was with out a 55 since my misspent youth. The wife suprised me with one about 5 years ago. Turns out she bought it from a member on here "Flamed55".
It is amazing how the memories come back as you sit behind the wheel. It was weird the first time I washed the new one. All the contours etc, that my hands had known before.
The other thing I noticed. The 55 is not as big as it used to be? I could of swore I could get like 5 guys and case of beer in one back then?
Can't do that now days!!

Oh ya CA Lic # FCE 205 ( How'd I remember that? 30 years later?. I cant even remember if I had Breakfast!!)

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Hey Roughneck, were you fortunate enough to cruise Chester Avenue in your youth? I grew up around Bakersfield in the early 60s, cruising Chester on Friday and Saturday nights in my 57 Chevy. Great memories!

Ray

1,032 Posts
Hey Roughneck, were you fortunate enough to cruise Chester Avenue in your youth? I grew up around Bakersfield in the early 60s, cruising Chester on Friday and Saturday nights in my 57 Chevy. Great memories!

Ray
Yeah- I got in on the last years of Cruising Chester. ( 1975-79). Did you ever make it North of the River ( Oildale ) ? My Dad owned the Shell Station at the corner of Chester & Roberts Lane. Also had a couple used car lots on Chester in that neighborhood.
I work with a guy who was a counterman at the " The Super Shop" ( Speed Shop ) on Chester back in the day.
You need to come out and see the March Meet sometime. It's bigger now than ever before, with the Nostalgia drags and all.
Or to this event to Cruise Chester all over again .http://www.hwy99cruise.com/

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Hi Roughneck,

Yes sir, I was pretty much all over the place. You know how kids are. I went to the March Meet several years ago. As you said, it was great! Prior to retiring, I was living in Elk Grove (Sacramento area), and still have relatives in the Bakersfield area. Lots of good folks there.

Best regards,

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts