Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to installing the Chevrolet ad glass and door decals on my Gilbarco gas pump tonight. The pump is a 906 model which is dated 1955 so it was only natural to make some custom globes to match my 55 and put a set of them on this cool little pump that I restored in matching colors to the car. It'll look cool next to the car when I finish arranging my garage around to fit some other pumps I am trying to get finished up over the summer.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
That gas pump looks cool.:tu:tu:tu
Looks like you've got a nice collection
from what I can see.
Is that a 1955 calender on the wall?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That gas pump looks cool.:tu:tu:tu
Looks like you've got a nice collection
from what I can see.
Is that a 1955 calender on the wall?
Funny you noticed that but yes that is a 55 dated calendar. It's an original Red Head calendar from a local station and I have another one off to the other side from another dealer as well. Good eye!

·
Administrator
66,151 Posts
Funny you noticed that but yes that is a 55 dated calendar. It's an original Red Head calendar from a local station and I have another one off to the other side from another dealer as well. Good eye!
How did you spot that out :)

Thats a awesome job, if only that pump supplied free fuel :tu

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Nice. I would like to see more of that 55 chevy. bowtie-trifive:gba:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ray,

The car and it's complete build are featured as a sticky thread in the project section of TriFive.com. Have a look over there near the top of the page or follow the links in my signature to see over 200 pictures of the car. Hope you enjoy them.

Graeme

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Ray,

The car and it's complete build are featured as a sticky thread in the project section of TriFive.com. Have a look over there near the top of the page or follow the links in my signature to see over 200 pictures of the car. Hope you enjoy them.

Graeme
Wow! What a car. Very nice work. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
67,745 Posts
just beautiful graeme. :tu

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks guys! Collecting Oil & Gas is not only fun, but goes hand in hand with hot rods and classic cars. Only problem is the cost of some of it where signs and pumps can run from the hundreds into many thousands of dollars if your collecting or restoring rare original cans, globes, pumps or dated porcelain signs. My addiction has me collecting a few of the most coveted brands in Canada and it can empty a wallet every or a bank account time you look at something.

The good thing is that it's always increasing in value and it's a great savings vehicle where you get to enjoy the collection until it comes time to sell it sometime down the road. It's better than RRSP's that's for sure. I'm always buying and selling pumps, signs and oil cans to further my collection and have leads on all kinds of stuff if anyone is looking for something? Here's a couple pictures of my collection in it's current state. There are 5 more pumps being restored right now that will fill some holes real soon.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Absolutly stunning collection!:congrats::congrats: And to be able to find so many of the same kind items takes alot of time, efforts and mainly MONEY!
Simply put, Awesome, thanks for sharing with us!
PS, beautiful '55

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Very nice collection.:tu:tu:tu

Are going to be adding B/A,Royalite,Purity 99,
Anglo-Canadian,etc. products to your fabulous
collection?

Doug

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Not yet. A friend of mine has a lot of Purity 99 items including a real nice sign but the graphics don't do a lot for me. I sold off my B/A stuff a while ago and right now I'm clearing out a bunch of Texaco signs, globes and cans that I just listed on Kijiji Calgary. Trying to focus now on growing my Red Head, Buffalo and Red Indian lines only. These are the hardest ones to find but every once in a while I get lucky and score little piles of them.

I also have 3 pumps being painted this week where two will be done in Red Head, and the other in Buffalo. Next up are a pair of Wayne 60's being done in Red Indian. I also have a couple lubesters being painted up in Buffalo as well, Here's what they looked like a couple weeks ago before I stripped them down and sent them out for paint. Frames are all back from powder coating now and are ready to go back together when the skins are back from paint.

Original G&B 96 in Red Head

Pair of Wayne 60 Narrows Bodies. These will be restored in Red Indian Red & Black

Skins before they're stripped of paint and rust

G&B 96 after tear down and paint removal. This will go back to Red Head Ethyl

Bennett 541 being done in Red Head

Bennett 541 being done in Buffalo

They'll all look freshly painted before next week is over and will then be going back together.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts