Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you by now have heard of the huge natural gas explosion and fire we had out here near San Francisco. The entire thing is an absolute shock to most and has resulted in 4 deaths so far and more could be coming. They are still searching the remnants of the houses looking for victims and clues.

I was just contacted by one of the investigators trying to identify a car in one of the garages, or what was the garage. By looking at the picture it looks to be a 57 Sedan, 150. What do you guys think?

There were also a bunch of extra parts:

This is just a great example of what can happen so fast, this entire neighborhood caught fire in less than a couple of minutes. Please make sure your family has a plan for an emergency. These families had to drop their dinner forks and run for their lives, unfortunately many didn't make it.

Randy

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I think you're right.

Very sad, sad situation there Randy. Glad you're O.K. From the pictures I think you're right about the car. Looks like the trim pieces from a 150 and the spare parts would indicate a 57 for sure. Can't see the fins in the picture but I think you're right. Stay safe and our hearts go out to the folks in that area. JIM.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hope none of our members or their families are directly affected. I've seen first hand what a natural gas explosion can do but not in such a densely populated area. :eek:

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can only imagine the power this thing had, 30" pipe with high pressure. Bet no one in the neighborhood even knew this existed under their houses. The heat was so extreme it melted metal on the cars in the street and vinyl windows melted a block away!

The pictures sent by my friends working this disaster are just unbelievable. One guy described it as like time frozen. He said food was still sitting on the tables (happened at 6pm), game controllers laying in front of the TV, cars sitting in driveways. Makes you shake just thinking if the confusion and fear these people went through. God bless them all.

Randy

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
Very sad, sad situation there Randy. Glad you're O.K. From the pictures I think you're right about the car. Looks like the trim pieces from a 150 and the spare parts would indicate a 57 for sure. Can't see the fins in the picture but I think you're right. Stay safe and our hearts go out to the folks in that area. JIM.
I agree it does look like a 57, 150... Wow the carnage is unbelievable... Later, dave

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I was at a freind of mines shop today, he does electrical work and makes custom fittings and such for mostly custom cars . Anyway he asked me if I had heard about what happened to Carl(I don't really know the guy, met him once at Donnies shop). Well Donnie told me that Carl's shop and home were destroyed in the Fourmile Canyon fire up above Boulder, donnie had just heard from him this morning, it's burned 166 homes and structures, started on Labor Day.
Carl finished a '57 Nomad(I've just seen the pictures of it in Donnies shop, nice black on black) about 6 years ago and he had Donnie wire it. He built a new home and detached shop up Fourmile about 4 yrs ago. Carls wife had always wanted a '57 convert so Carl built her one, brought it down to Donnie to wire and make some custom fittings for it... I saw it once at Donnies in April, again all black, int., top, body...very nice .

Sunday Carl and his wife were allowed back up to their home...nothing left, house is gone, shop is gone, cars are burned out hulks, they also lost their 2 cats and a dog. Lost his jeep and pickup also. They were at their kids in Denver on Labor Day for a barbeque and when they went home that evening they were prevented from going to their house.

And now there is another one raging that has so far destroyed 2 homes up above Loveland....
It has been extremely dry and hot here for this time of year and the foothills are tinderboxes...

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,317 Posts
Strange how the death toll slowly develops, but I'm afraid I know there is at least one more victim that isn't on the reported tally. She is the mother of someone I met in a SF Area Chevy Club. Per updates from his wife, now in Florida, she is still unaccounted for and presumed dead. I suspect they are reporting the confirmed deaths only. The area looks like a bomb site; my heart goes out to everyone touched by this tragedy.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The person who owns this Chevy is fine and accounted for.

It always amazes me how small this world is when something big happens, we end up knowing someone or someone that knows somebody involved.......

Randy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.