Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, installing the new steering column on my 57 & found that the previous owner had butchered the firewall to install the camaro steering column. Alot of metal brackets to fill the space. What I need to find if possible would be the templet for the steering column & brake booster for measurements so I can rebuild this area on the firewall. Thanks for any help you guys might be able to help me with.

Robert

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,017 Posts
If it's that bad, I would suggest getting the part of the firewall you need from a donor car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don I have thought of doing that, my problem is that here in Denver they are far few between to find. So that is why I'm trying to find what the dimensions might be or a pic of the schematic to make a plate.

Robert

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,017 Posts

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Hey Guys, installing the new steering column on my 57 & found that the previous owner had butchered the firewall to install the camaro steering column. Alot of metal brackets to fill the space. What I need to find if possible would be the templet for the steering column & brake booster for measurements so I can rebuild this area on the firewall. Thanks for any help you guys might be able to help me with.

Robert
I have another drawing that gives the relationship of this to the hood hinge holes, still looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts