Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was 17, bought it for 50 bucks, 3 speed six banger, put it in the garage to swap out the six banger for a 283. 8 hours later finished the job opened the door to drive it home and had 10 inches of snow on the ground. i had a set of mickey thompson slicks on the back ha! burnt out the clutch trying to get home. those were the day's my friends.:eek:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Great story! Thanks for sharing, you're right, those WERE the days...

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Ah yes, the good days. I was 17 when I bought this 57. It was rose and white and I painted it red (with help from my mentor (R.I.P.) Rex Blanton Jr.). It was a six and I put a 283 in it.

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,580 Posts
First 57

I bought my first 57 for $200.00 and it didn't run. Called AAA told'em it broke down and they towed it to my house with the tow card:rolleyes: . Got it running, but not too good. Took out my first loan from the bank for $1200.00 drove to the local "hot rod" store in a Uhaul truck, bought a crate 350hp 327 and some parts. Two days later it was running around town....till the powerglide blew out! Opted for a Muncie four speed then, no more tranny problems. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
$50 for your first car. What do you think you would get for $50 today? Maybe a used front tire and wheel for your first car... Thanks for the story...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts