Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks:

This is my first post. I am working on a 1957 Chev 2 DR HT. Everything is custom. I found this site when searching for information asocated with a problem I am having with the engine I have installed in this car. I have installed a GMPP Ram Jet 350. The spark plugs keep loading up with carben and I'm not sure why?

At any rate, there is a ton of information on this site and I am glad to be here with the hope that I will be able obtain useful information as well as provide useful information.

Bill

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive Bill:shakehands: :anim_25:with the 57... Later, Dave

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Hi folks:

I have installed a GMPP Ram Jet 350. The spark plugs keep loading up with carben and I'm not sure why?

Bill
Welcome to the site.
If the plugs are turning black is what you describe as, loading up with carbon, then your engine is running too rich and it is the carb that is the culprit. Adjust the idle mixture and check float level.
Jim

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,223 Posts
:hello: hi bill and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the site.
If the plugs are turning black is what you describe as, loading up with carbon, then your engine is running too rich and it is the carb that is the culprit. Adjust the idle mixture and check float level.
Jim
Jim:

The engine is a Ram Jet 350 ported fuel injection.... no carb.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.